Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Turnaround times ; I’m in Canada14872

Collector Cmoores private msg quote post Address this user
I live in Ontario and sent about 10 books in for pressing and grading however, that was in November. Wasn’t till about early March I got an email saying my payment was accepted and will be ready to “shiptocanada”. It’s still on that title in the submissions; it is now June 6th with no emails returned. How long does this usually last? 8 months seems like a long time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
😂 no shit @ 8 months!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of books? Modern or older?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cmoores private msg quote post Address this user
They are Modern. My Venom Donny books and Red Goblin story arc. Few others also.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoores
They are Modern. My Venom Donny books and Red Goblin story arc. Few others also.

8 months is absolutely crazy. There's literally zero reason for that, even if they did get pressed.

Just pointing out that if the other guys did this, there would be pitchforks and torches from this crowd. :-)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
It's the return portion of the journey that is taking so long.
No communication on the boards or responses to e-mails so we don't know..is the hold up from CBCS or from Universal Distribution?

My October order has been in ShipToCanada for 12 weeks and the November order for 10 weeks

12 F'ing weeks out of 33 and really it's not 33 because it took 8 weeks to get to Dallas so like 12 or 25 - half my time on that order has been in the return process.

Pre-covid everything was running smooth - like a 2 or 4 week difference to stated US TATs.

Universal Distribution is still getting current orders down to CBCS Dallas in timely manner - leads me to believe the problem is on the CBCS side - heads should roll

$1k in fees should buy better service

Post 6 IP   flag post
And like.."OH" the border is closed - sure - that's 1 person out of the process.
Surely UD could pick up the slack for a small fee - or even same fee just less frequently i.e. every month instead of every 2 weeks or whatever the schedule was..OR, OR!!! shut it down.

Put a disclaimer on the CBCS Canada portion of the website and disable the submission links and say due to covid we have had to suspend orders through CBCS Canada please submit directly though CBCS US - any existing orders will a) be returned as normal or b) be returned though FedEx Ground US and as good faith etc. etc. at no extra charge.

it's really not that hard.....starting week F'n 13 and 11...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
And like.."OH" the border is closed - sure - that's 1 person out of the process.
Surely UD could pick up the slack for a small fee - or even same fee just less frequently i.e. every month instead of every 2 weeks or whatever the schedule was..OR, OR!!! shut it down.

Put a disclaimer on the CBCS Canada portion of the website and disable the submission links and say due to covid we have had to suspend orders through CBCS Canada please submit directly though CBCS US - any existing orders will a) be returned as normal or b) be returned though FedEx Ground US and as good faith etc. etc. at no extra charge.

Dude id be furious.

I shipped 42 books to the other guys, there in 4 days, cost me $39. Whats the point of the Canadian office at all with delays like that?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Quote:

Dude id be furious.

I shipped 42 books to the other guys, there in 4 days, cost me $39. Whats the point of the Canadian office at all with delays like that?

it's the return shipping that irks me.

Listen...I'm not a fan of CGC -the product or business practices....CBCS for the most part I've been a fan of both the product and business practice.....and full disclosure - pre-covid the Canada route was working great. I was getting books back in the stated TAT or better! Covid hit and everything went off the rails...I get that...but I'll only accept that in the short term immediate aftermath of things happening. I've had orders since come back in reasonable times but something new has happened...none of my prior orders during covid have taken this long to come back.

I don't know if the relationship has soured with Universal Distribution or what - but something has changed over say the last 6 months or more.

Sure I could get furious but that only does harm to me...I don't flip per se but half of the 15 book order will probably go for sale - Venom related....thankfully they are likely to keep their value after the movie unlike a DC film. The smaller order is actually more important to me those were press and reholder from other companies and I really want those back home.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I sent mine in to Bramalea May 5 (rec'd according to tracking)
I have not rec'd any update. I am still waiting to be charged.
I have no idea where my books are in this process.

I have wondered myself are any
actually crossing over right now???..??

It is my understanding that packages can still be shipped across the border
which leads me to assume that instead of just stopping the ongoing flow ( without letting the customer know) all Canadian submissions could very easily be sent to and from Texas to Toronto>??

I would 100% have mailed them to Texas myself if i had have been made aware that it was going to take 20 plus weeks compared to say 6. On the flip side >>>
My books are going to be worth alot more by the time i get them back ...eh.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
I sent mine in to Bramalea May 5 (rec'd according to tracking)
I have not rec'd any update. I am still waiting to be charged.

I have wondered myself if anyone is actually crossing the border right now to
pick up the submissions>??..??

What's in Bramalea??
CBCS office is in Oakville - and they are partnered with Universal Distribution who then forward our packages to CBCS Dallas - my last 2 order took 8 to 10 weeks to change to received and the delay on the US side is about 5 weeks to actually enter books into their system so really only 3 to 5 weeks to get the books from Canada to Dallas.

Really - what's in Bramalea???
Post 11 IP   flag post
oops..my bad ment oakville, i remembered it was Toronto area ..thats close lol

8-10 weeks to get rec'd status...that means i have another month and change b4 i see that. Thank you for the heads up. It helps.

My sister used to live in Bramalea, i guess i was thinking about that lol
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
oops..my bad ment oakville, i remembered it was Toronto area ..thats close lol

8-10 weeks to get rec'd status...that means i have another month and change b4 i see that. Thank you for the heads up. It helps.

My sister used to live in Bramalea, i guess i was thinking about that lol

that's good - had me worried for a second!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
it's the return shipping that irks me.

Listen...I'm not a fan of CGC -the product or business practices....CBCS for the most part I've been a fan of both the product and business practice.....and full disclosure - pre-covid the Canada route was working great. I was getting books back in the stated TAT or better! Covid hit and everything went off the rails...I get that...but I'll only accept that in the short term immediate aftermath of things happening. I've had orders since come back in reasonable times but something new has happened...none of my prior orders during covid have taken this long to come back.

I don't know if the relationship has soured with Universal Distribution or what - but something has changed over say the last 6 months or more.

Sure I could get furious but that only does harm to me...I don't flip per se but half of the 15 book order will probably go for sale - Venom related....thankfully they are likely to keep their value after the movie unlike a DC film. The smaller order is actually more important to me those were press and reholder from other companies and I really want those back home.

THere's zero excuses for this. Ship the damn books to Crossborderpickups and eat the fees if they have to, this is ridiculous and completely unnecessary. Why should you get caught up in whatever drama there is between the two companies?

You're a lot more patient than I would be here, and I waited 9 months for a submission from CBCS once.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@mediaslave at this point what can I do? I've been sending daily emails for almost a week with zero response...which is about par for the course with CBCS "customer service"
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
My submission is going out today the only way I know that won't stress me out. UPS straight to Dallas ($17), fast pass, fast press, and suck up the $71 shipping back plus $25 FedEx Clearance fee. This one has my Akira 1 and TMNT 4 in it so I gotta be sure.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just hopped of a forum from , the other guys. They are about 6 months behind in submissions and returns ( as said my a moderator) ....its NOT just CBCS that is experiencing these delays.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just hopped of a forum from , the other guys. They are about 6 months behind in submissions and returns ( as said my a moderator) ....its NOT just CBCS that is experiencing these delays.

That's not quite true. I got back moderns a little while ago that took three months round trip. I also just dropped off a bunch more books and they're already registered and summer schedule for grading. I think it very much depends on the book, and I would imagine cbcs is exactly the same. Modern stuff is faster and easier, the older stuff not so much.

But that's besides the point. The point here is that this poor dude sent his books in, they're all finished and ready to go but for some reason they haven't been shipped back. If they know that there's going to be a massive delay and doing what the Canadian office typically handles, then suck it up and send them back a regular method.

I'd also say that this is a horrific example of customer service from a company with a reputation for bad customer service. People can hate on cgc all they want, but their customer service is second to none.

Kit I really hope you get your book back man. I'm patient, but not when it comes to stupid unnecessary delays.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
@mediaslave at this point what can I do? I've been sending daily emails for almost a week with zero response...which is about par for the course with CBCS "customer service"

Dude thats brutal. I feel bad for you. What about messaging Steve here directly?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
I get the impression that this company has so much work that they don't care about losing a few customers or orders here and there due to bad customer service. ShipToCanada for my order since March 11th. I wrote Steve Paulus an email today asking what's up. Not expecting a response.
Post 20 IP   flag post
maybe time for scathing google review?
Post 21 IP   flag post
today's email to CBCS "customer service" I also copied Beckett...who knows...maybe at some point someone will respond.

When I've copied Steve Paulus there was either no response or an auto out of office response.
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics try these email addresses too:

nancyr@beckett.com
StaceyB@beckett.com
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics try these email addresses too:

nancyr@beckett.com
StaceyB@beckett.com

lol!! I'll save those for tomorrows e-mail!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
@GAC I swear to god...if they could pay me under the table I'd spend my weekends there processing peoples orders and getting them out the door!!

I'm an accountant with 25? years experience mostly in industry - I can be bonded and pass whatever background check you like.
Post 25 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Yikes, I thought 2 months going on 3 was bad for a 4 book reholder. They’ve been in “grading” for over a month. The CS stories on the forum makes me not want to bother inquiring.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Pedigree private msg quote post Address this user
This is truly unacceptable, not just the turnaround times but a total lack of communication. No legitimate business should be ignoring their customers emails and be unreachable.

Thankfully I haven't sent any books in yet to be graded, been waiting for this pandemic to get better and things to open up at the border. Looks like I'll be using the "other guys". If things don't get resolved, I'm out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Hate reading this, I sent in a couple of books to Oakville last week. I expect the process to take a long time but this is really discouraging.

Shame CBCS cannot simply explain the hold up for us Canucks.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
I wrote to Universal Distribution and after explaining how they are different companies etc. they explained:

"...Steve Paulus (CC’d) was travelling from New York to our building a few times each month. He has been unable to cross the border to work from our new facility."

If this explains the delay,
1) it seems rather idiotic to not hire a locally-based humanoid to ship the books out.
2) it seems rather careless to not inform the customers of the reason for delay.
3) did I mention that it seems rather idiotic to... oh ya, I see it up there in part 1.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23
Hate reading this, I sent it a couple of books last week to Oakville. I expect the process to take a long time but this is really discouraging.

Shame CBCS cannot simply explain the hold up for us Canucks.

You will probably be ok...by the time your books are graded etc. the border should be open..or at least open to people with at least 1 shot of vaccine or however they are going to phase it back to normal.

With luck that will include the CBCS Canada staff
Post 30 IP   flag post
601329 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?