Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Can you spare a grade for this one14685

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Took some pictures today...feel free to make a guess! I always felt the book might be a 4.5-5.0 myself With this one selling like it is, even the lower grades have gotten pretty high .

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
3.0 - 3.5
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
2.5 - 3.0
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Eclipse9665 private msg quote post Address this user
I would give it a 3.0 at most, the Marvel chipping on the right edge is a bummer
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
3.0 range.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse9665
I would give it a 3.0 at most, the Marvel chipping on the right edge is a bummer
The chipping is annoying for sure, but most people I have asked have stated in a lower to mid grade copy it would not as drastically affect the grade as most might think. Also a decent press and clean would do something for the grade on this one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Eclipse9665 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
The chipping is annoying for sure, but most people I have asked have stated in a lower to mid grade copy it would not as drastically affect the grade as most might think. Also a decent press and clean would do something for the grade on this one.

It's difficult to fully grade a book and determine how much the grade could improve through pictures Best of luck with it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This book will definitely benefit from a press/clean. with a press/clean this could possibly bump to 3.5/4.0
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's difficult to fully grade a book and determine how much the grade could improve through pictures Best of luck with it!
I can agree with that for sure. I appreciate everyones input honestly
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This book will definitely benefit from a press/clean. with a press/clean this could possibly bump to 3.5/4.0

With the book moving in current price levels, its actually selling higher at 3.0 than 4.0 anyways with the most recent 3.0 at 15,600

the most recent for a 3.5, 14,300
the most recent for a 4.0 13,100

so the lower the grade given the more its apparently selling for .
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

With the book moving in current price levels, its actually selling higher at 3.0 than 4.0 anyways with the most recent 3.0 at 15,600

Then it probably would benefit from writing your name on it. Or we should all agree that is a temporary anomaly?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Either way you look at it, it's a monster book. If you put this book up for sale it will sell. Great book that will continue to increase as the x-men get closer to an MCU appearance....but get it pressed...theres definitely a grade bump there.
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I decide to sell it, I could sure sign it for you ! As for a temporary anomaly, anything is possible.

Did you want it personalized to "masculinity takes a holiday?"
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Did you want it personalized to "masculinity takes a holiday?"

No, you can use my real name: Lebron
Fast rising markets having temporary pricing anomalies in the different grades. I see it all the time currently on GPA.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
It looks 3.5 to me
Post 15 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Another gorgeous book, Mike! I think it would be in the 3.5 to 4.0 range, which is about twice the grade on my copy.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I had foresight to grab a copy when I was working. Very nice book.
Post 17 IP   flag post
A friend of mine handed me a paper sack back in 92 as thanks for a favor I did. This was one of ten books in the sack. A 3.5 or 4.0 is quite alright with me although I do believe a press and clean might move it as high as 4.5
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darkseid_of_town - Another gorgeous book, Mike! I think it would be in the 3.5 to 4.0 range, which is about twice the grade on my copy.
Ed the flip side of that deal is you have the entire run whereas I only have kept the books I really liked except my run from about 94-350 If you sold your run I am sure you could buy a much nicer copy than mine hands down
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Today @ 3.0 the book is at 16,800
3.5 15,600
4.0 19,200
4.5 22k

Safe to say the "bubble" if one were to exist, has not begun to deflate so far.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Update those numbers my friend. I wouldn’t let my 3.5 go for less than $20k or a really nice SC 22 for anyone out there that’s interested in a trade.

This book IMO is far from being ready to deflate. Still trending up.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Go collect has 3.5 AF15 for $30k
Post 22 IP   flag post
597868 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?