Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Price Increases on Fullbacks and Mylite 2's from Gerber14650

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for chipping in here Curtis, I know you stay rather busy. Always a pleasure.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DONTSLEEP private msg quote post Address this user
Anytime my friend. Incidentally, I have lowered price and additionally offered a a 10% savings on multi unit orders. Hope this lessens the sting.

-Curtis AKA Dontsleep
Post 27 IP   flag post
Was looking at those bags you have for graded books...I assume those fit all graded slabs.....but I am almost certain they would not fit books that are larger like the Marvel preview books. I may have to get a set of those for my slabs. I would have thought a larger bag to hold a graded slab would cost more than the golden/silver regular bags.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town If you mean the 914m2 mylites for graded Previews, they do fit. They really look great too. Much nicer than the plastic bags.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Regarding the 914m2 price it less as there are no backing board. I them in sets 0f 10, 50. Have combo going with 100 914M2 andc5 CGC graded comic storage boxes.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Curtis since you took the time and effort to answer everything here so completely why dont you at least supply your ebay link so those who want can click and shop ....might not be for everyone, but think you earned that at least

Give yourself a plug!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Hey thanks for the plug. Below is a link to the 725M2/700FB combo. You should be able to check my other items for sake from there. Sorry I tried to get direct link but it keeps switching to mobile app.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=303989543398&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Let's see if my math is correct - If bought from E Gerber directly (1000 bags and boards), with shipping, that would be $427, or 43 cents per set. If bought from eBay, (1000 bags and boards), that would be $999.80 ($49.99 x 20), or $1 per set. If I can save 58% buying direct then that's the way I'm going! I understand the convenience factor but that's too big a price difference.
Also E Gerber's prices went up by about 20%, pretty nice to see that seller's prices went up by 30%.
The guy isn't making a lot of money considering he pays the shipping, and has to eat all those Feebay charges, and now with the new income taxes reporting rules that means even less profit (which is probably the real reason for the price increase!), but it seems to be a bad business model all around.
Just buy direct.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Donnied

Correct, makes no sense to go to a 3rd party unless you need them immediately.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
Let's see if my math is correct - If bought from E Gerber directly (1000 bags and boards), with shipping, that would be $427, or 43 cents per set. If bought from eBay, (1000 bags and boards), that would be $999.80 ($49.99 x 20), or $1 per set. If I can save 58% buying direct then that's the way I'm going! I understand the convenience factor but that's too big a price difference.
Also E Gerber's prices went up by about 20%, pretty nice to see that seller's prices went up by 30%.
The guy isn't making a lot of money considering he pays the shipping, and has to eat all those Feebay charges, and now with the new income taxes reporting rules that means even less profit (which is probably the real reason for the price increase!), but it seems to be a bad business model all around.
Just buy direct.
I think it works out for the collector who only wants 50 or 100 and they will last him a long time. Keep in mind that to place an order directly with E gerber it has to be a minimum of $100.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I can only buy so mQuote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
Just buy direct.
yeah pretty much although you left out some of the facts. I believe Curtis stated clearly he did slightly lower his prices as well as make a better price for a larger order. So no, you arent saving 58 percent, factually. I do get that you are saving money, and I respect that point.
Not everyone can afford to order a thousand units at a time however, and I also enjoy the level of service I get ....this dealer has replaced an entire order for free because he sent the wrong size, has randomly refunded cash for larger sales, and added extras in the purchasing where he felt it was required.
Your math is perhaps adequate for the point yes, but there is also something said for service, and minimium cost per order stipulations as Brian pointed out. Sometimes it isnt just price per units , for some.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I do remember something about a guy having to do 40 long boxes. That's a heavy expense so I'd think he'd be looking for ways to cut that price, by about half at least.
Post 37 IP   flag post
yes but also being realistic I can do only so much at a time. 40 long boxes is roughly ten thousand books and even at your discounted price thats more money than I can cough up in a quick minute....far easier to spread it out over time and do it as I can although it costs a bit more.
Nevermind that there are constantly new books coming through the door to be added, both silver and modern, and a smattering of golden age as well.

Perhaps when I get ahead a little I can order more heavily and save some of that precious cash for sure. My used boards are also reused for another purpose to that helps, but the old bags are pure loss that go into the walmart bag recycle
Post 38 IP   flag post
600763 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?