Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ShipToCanada - anyone know how long - 9 weeks now!!14644

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo.....this is week 9 since one of my orders entered ShipToCanada.

Anyone get books back recently through CBCS Canada?
How long before your books showed up??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Soooo.....this is week 9 since one of my orders entered ShipToCanada.

Anyone get books back recently through CBCS Canada?
How long before your books showed up??

So are they still in dallas, or in Canada? Thats weird. Why would they wait?

BTW, theres a place called Crossborderpickups.com that I ship to. You ship to Niagara NY, they bring it across, you go grab it at Dixie and 401. Its cheap, and faster. Maybe that'd help?

I got 74 slabs across with zero taxes and duties.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@mediaslave they stay in 'ShipToCanada' until they leave the CBCS Oakville location - no idea where they actually are....would hope they ship once a month from Dallas to Oakville and then however long to send to us...but darned..9 weeks???

When I worked in the office I would just cross the boarder on my lunch break..I could make it to US Address Inc and back in an hour (except for summer lines)...but border closed kind of ended that...also haven't been to the office in what...15 months!!
May have to try that service or a similar one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Listed below are my orders in the system. The top order was the one I got back in March, took almost 9 weeks in ship to Canada. The received date is when I got the email that it was in Dallas.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve yet to submit anything via the Canadian office, took a break from slabbing basically right when it was announced. As an on looker having the Canadian office has really only added confusion and wait times, has it made things cheaper or better some how that I’m missing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
I’ve yet to submit anything via the Canadian office, took a break from slabbing basically right when it was announced. As an on looker having the Canadian office has really only added confusion and wait times, has it made things cheaper or better some how that I’m missing?

It was great before the pandemic and border closures. The max 8 weeks TAT was hit every time I submitted something.

So I'll continue to use it. I only would like maybe perhaps an email from CBCS saying it has left Dallas for Oakville and not leave us in the dark for about two months.

Those are my 2 cents (Converted to US, it's about 1 and a half).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
Listed below are my orders in the system. The top order was the one I got back in March, took almost 9 weeks in ship to Canada. The received date is when I got the email that it was in Dallas.

lol!!
I'm an accountant and track almost everything in spread sheets but never my TAT's!! might have to steal your format before you charge a licensing fee!
Post 7 IP   flag post
But wait I'm confused. I thought cbcs was absolutely perfect and everything that they did? Don't tell me they're just like... Gasp... every other company on the planet?!?

No, no. It's the children that are wrong.

#justteasin
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson

lol!!
I'm an accountant and track almost everything in spread sheets but never my TAT's!! might have to steal your format before you charge a licensing fee!

I was bored at work one day, and I was curious to see the TATs broken down.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Here's the formulas that I used, if anyone was wondering.(Inside the Quotes)

Column D: "=IF(H2=0,IF(C2=0,0,(NOW()-(C2+1))/7),(H2-C2)/7)"

Column E: "=IF(C2=0,0,(C2-B2)/7)"

Column G: "=IF(H2=0,IF(F2=0,0,(NOW()-F2)/7),(H2-F2)/7)"

Column I: "=IF(H2=0,(NOW()-B2)/7,((H2-B2)/7))"

Yup I'm a nerd.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Did these get pressed as well? So am I reading it wrong or does it say 5 months from the time you sent them for the time you got them back?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@rgreenson Does CBCS accept submissions directly from Canadian customers? Or do all Canadian submissions have to go through ShiptoCanada?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@rgreenson Does CBCS accept submissions directly from Canadian customers? Or do all Canadian submissions have to go through ShiptoCanada?

nah..we can send them how ever we like!!

I've had 2 orders that I direct shipped to Dallas and then back when the CBCS Canada location was closed at the start of this crazy stuff last year.

I do like using them cause the shipping is super low compared to sending to Dallas.
The no customs or brokerage is a bonus but I have a mail service in the US and have never had trouble bringing my own books back..even most purchases as long as they are under $200 they tend to let you through. Even when you get nabbed I don't mind paying cause it is still cheaper than shipping to Canada from the US (and sometimes people won't ship to Canada!)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Pedigree private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I've had 2 orders that I direct shipped to Dallas and then back when the CBCS Canada location was closed at the start of this crazy stuff last year.

I do like using them cause the shipping is super low compared to sending to Dallas.
The no customs or brokerage is a bonus but I have a mail service in the US and have never had trouble bringing my own books back..even most purchases as long as they are under $200 they tend to let you through. Even when you get nabbed I don't mind paying cause it is still cheaper than shipping to Canada from the US (and sometimes people won't ship to Canada!)

Kat is it still $83 to ship 10 books back to the Oakville office from Dallas? I saw you posting in another thread.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
But wait I'm confused. I thought cbcs was absolutely perfect and everything that they did? Don't tell me they're just like... Gasp... every other company on the planet?!?

#justteasin

@mediaslave Since you use CGC, how much time does it add to TAT's when you choose their Ship-to-Canada option?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Did these get pressed as well? So am I reading it wrong or does it say 5 months from the time you sent them for the time you got them back?

You read that correctly. I don't know why the shipment from Oakville to Dallas takes so long.

Look at my February order it took almost 10 weeks to get a received email from Dallas. Although I did receive an email from Steve Paulus saying it was received in Oakville about a week after I sent it.

I've read on other threads from CBCS people, that the TAT starts the day after you get the received email from Dallas.

Long answer I know but, Yeah 5 months start to finish for my October order and that was with no pressing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector pmcduff private msg quote post Address this user
When you submitted through the Oakville office how long did it sit on submitted before a status change?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree
Quote:
Quote:

Kat is it still $83 to ship 10 books back to the Oakville office from Dallas? I saw you posting in another thread.

normally not that much though...just a recent jump...hope it comes back down?

Was only $12 to choose the pickup in person option though (I only live like 30 minutes away)
I'll have my second shot by September and with pressing added to my order it is likely I won't see my latest order till 2022 anyway - office and border will have to be open by then yes???!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

#justteasin

@mediaslave Since you use CGC, how much time does it add to TAT's when you choose their Ship-to-Canada option?

It doesn't add time, but it sure adds cost. THey ship it like anything else, and it shows up probably a day or two later than if I had shipped to the US.

I ship to a border service though, so I get cheaper shipping. Shipping to Canada is insanely expensive, but thats not just CGC. Even eBay is painful.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Oh! forgot..the shipping to CBCS Canada is also waaaay cheaper than to Dallas.

I just sent in 10 books earlier this week for $12 or $13 - delivery confirmation yesterday!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Oh! forgot..the shipping to CBCS Canada is also waaaay cheaper than to Dallas.

I just sent in 10 books earlier this week for $12 or $13 - delivery confirmation yesterday!

Hey man, I'm telling ya, check out those crossborderpickup guys. To ship my books to CGC from here was going to be 200+...using them, I shipped UPS to florida for $35....its a massive difference.

If the Canadian side is the hold up, go direct and use CBP to get them back too. Could make a huge difference!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@mediaslave I think my geography screw me....looks like the pickup sites for crossborderpickup would be further for me to drive to than to just go across the border myself! Just need the silly border to open again!!

suppose I could always have them mail it to me.....I'll wait for a normal world again...if I'm in the office for work I can cross on my lunch break or after work on the way home...and if I continue using CBCS Canada it should be just as easy and quick to drop off/pick up in person - saving time and $$..and gives me and excuse to go to Sammies Donairs in Burlington on the way home!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
600892 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?