Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector pokecollectoramy private msg quote post Address this user
It pains me to have to waste time writing this but I've been extremely disappointed with CBCS.Received a newly slabbed book back 6 weeks ago that CBCS slabbed with the backside on front and where the case was so scuffed that it's even noticeable from a distance. Reached out to customer support via email who said they will pass it on to the ONE person in the whole company who can get me a return label. Never heard back. Decided to call customer service who again told me they would pass my email and request to that same ONE person. I did not hear back. Tried phone support yet again...and well as you can imagine, have not heard back. It's now been over one month trying to get a return label for a mistake CBCS made. What is the point of phone or email support if neither one can process the most simple tasks? Is there anyone there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector groovy31 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep. E-mailed them 2 weeks ago about a VSP slab I sent back in for pressing (dumb mistake not to have done it the first time) that came back in reg slab. Sent them photos per their request...crickets since then.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@pokecollectoramy @groovy31

Both incidents will be looked into and emails will be sent to you tomorrow. If you don't see anything by 4:30 pm Central time, let me know.
Post 3 IP   flag post
^^Appreciate that. Will look out for a response
Post 4 IP   flag post
I received the follow up e-mail in the time frame given. Said my original response went to wring folder. They asked to confirm my address and amount of books to be fixed. Did so on the 7th...no response. Resent an email two days ago. Still waiting. Not loving this poor response thing...
Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear about your troubles with customer service, you're not the only one. I've had my issues too. The Mods shouldn't have to get involved in customer service but if they didn't who knows how long it would take to resolve problems.

Some people think it's ok to have crappy customer service, I disagree. Hope your issue gets resolved.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately CBCS’ Customer service has been lacking for years starting when Zack left the company. The acquisition by Beckett had hope that the backing of a larger company would help address some of the customer service deficiencies but aside from implementing a less-than effective call center in India little improvement to the Customer Service experience has come to pass
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is pretty sad. When CBCS first started up, their Customer Service was excellent - second to none actually! I understand that a company undergoes growing pains, but I cannot fathom how the loss of ONE employee several years ago (and never adequately replaced) has resulted in where we are today. This, as well as the Canadian Office situation/issues, needed to be addressed long ago.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Since CBCS took care of their case and their label, customer care should be next.
Post 9 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Some people think it's ok to have crappy customer service...

Those people are clinically delusional.
Post 10 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is pretty sad. When CBCS first started up, their Customer Service was excellent - second to none actually! I understand that a company undergoes growing pains, but I cannot fathom how the loss of ONE employee several years (and never adequately replaced) has resulted in where we are today. This, as well as the Canadian Office situation/issues, needed to be addressed long ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought that the problems began after acquisition by Beckett because they began outsourcing Customer Service instead of keeping it in-house.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It is pretty crazy. CBCS has the best product....grading and cases...their Customer Service is definitely lacking and as @esaravo has stated...Zack seems to have been irreplaceable.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This is pretty sad. When CBCS first started up, their Customer Service was excellent - second to none actually! I understand that a company undergoes growing pains, but I cannot fathom how the loss of ONE employee several years (and never adequately replaced) has resulted in where we are today. This, as well as the Canadian Office situation/issues, needed to be addressed long ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought that the problems began after acquisition by Beckett because they began outsourcing Customer Service instead of keeping it in-house.

The call center in India was an attempt to address a pre-existing customer service issue. CBCS had seen significant growth and the then current Customer Service team could not handle the volume of calls resulting in constant busy signals or no one answering. The call center in India at least made it so people could get through to someone however they are less than effective at actually resolving issues.

The call center in India never actually replaced the in-house customer service team. They were intended to handle routine over the phone stuff, the kind you can see yourself on the dashboard, pretty much. Everything else they would forard to the Customer Service team-stateside. Whether it was inadequate internal communication or maybe the team in India not familiar enough with the products and services offered to correctly convey the issues, or the in-house team still inadequate to address the volume of incoming issue, the problems persisted.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I can't wait for my books to come back! looking forward to my Spawn 1 the most. Still waiting on withier or not my books were screened or not.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Call CS
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Siggy I'm about to lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I remember when the India center would advise people to return the book needing a fix with their next submission of 5 or more books. Turns out that wasn't necessary to get a slab fixed, but the fact that they automatically said this was pretty scummy IMO.

Haven't read that they still say that, so if not, that was a huge improvement.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission I had a mystery charge on my credit card months after my order had arrived and had paid. My second submission they didn't take the $25 off from the promotional email I included. Contacted customer service, got nowhere. Reached out to Daryl on the forums as people had mentioned to do but after repeated messages, never heard back. It's really the only reason I have not submitted anything else.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Siggy That wasn’t just the call center. Even through email, which was always handled internally/locally, used that line. Clearly it was not well-received
Post 19 IP   flag post
Couldn't get through on the phone soni sent an email....now we wait.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Siggy That wasn’t just the call center. Even through email, which was always handled internally/locally, used that line. Clearly it was not well-received

Wasn't aware of that (or forgot... 50/50).
Ain't greed grand?
But again, it seems they no longer say that[?].
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 Please PM me details and I will look into what happened.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
First and foremost, apologies for any issues you all have had with customer service.

The number of submissions CBCS has received over the past several months has been mind-boggling, and it continues to grow. With the added volume comes the added customer service issues and so in turn our customer service lines have exploded as well, and we are working to catch this backup and get back on track for you all.

We have taken steps to help resolve these issues so you should see an improvement in several areas, not just Customer Service.

If you have an issue that has not been addressed please send me a message with the ticket number if you have it and we will work to get these issues resolved.
Post 23 IP   flag post
As an update I did get a label. I have shipped the book back and tracking shows delivered as of 5/17. It has not shown in my account dashboard as of yet nor am I sure what the TAT will be for the fix. Will give a few more days and reach out to Darryl
Post 24 IP   flag post
@pokecollectoramy CBCS is about a week and a half to two weeks behind on receiving books. After that it should take about one to two weeks to move through the system and get shipped out.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had very good luck dealing with customer service via email and with @Darryl_H. In fact, customer service guided me through my very first submission via the Canadian office.

Maybe customer service needs to be "by comic collectors, for comic collectors." Hire some of the board members to field customer service issues via email and callback. Pie in the sky I know, but could you imagine explaining your customer service issue with someone who feels your pain? I feel like this is the reason so many recommend contacting Darryl or Steve via the boards.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Where do i sign????
Post 27 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
the actual customer service e-mail has always been a black hole for me....send a question and no response at all.

For the Canadian office maybe 50% or less I'll get an answer if I e-mail Steve Paulus

Largely I don't care that much...books get graded, books get returned....but when I do have concerns it would be nice to be acknowledged!

1 order at ShipToCanada for 10 weeks another at 8 weeks - I mean....they probably didn't loose my books and in the past Steve Paulus was able to find some other internal thing to confirm that they were in Oakville waiting to be shipped or whatever....but again...this time around nothin!!

20-3A1FD4E
20-405A718

10 weeks is too long
Post 28 IP   flag post
Customer Service has been hit and miss for me. There have been times when I notice a mistake when my grader’s notes get posted, I email customer service and they respond fast enough to cancel the shipment to correct the issue.

Other times I will email them and not get a response for several weeks, and only get a response after I email them daily for a week or two after that.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I did eventually hear back from Darryl Hayden regarding a return label for my book. It took a few days from the very delayed initial response where they needed me to confirm my address and amount of books sending back. Even then thete was a unsatisfactory delay to get to that point. Then it was them saying a return label will be emailed shortly which turned into another delay before Mr. Hayden personally emailed me my label. In the end it was resolved but getting to that point was much more involved then it should have been. If not for these forums, I still would haven't gotten any response.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598013 73 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.