Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@mediaslave here you are, slumming again. So what brings you to this side of the tracks tonight?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@mediaslave here you are, slumming again. So what brings you to this side of the tracks tonight?

I'm always here. Just don't respond unless I have something to say. Most of the topics don't interest me really.

BTW, just for you I didn't mention CGC (or their amazing phone support) even once.

See? I'm nice.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
I'm always here. Just don't respond unless I have something to say. Most of the topics don't interest me really.

Yeah, it's a pretty clear and obvious pattern on what interests you and when you have something to say. If someone complains about customer service or "The Label", you're right there to try to stoke that fire. That's your role to play. I don't mind though, every forum needs an antagonist. It's the only way we get heated threads going.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yeah, it's a pretty clear and obvious pattern on what interests you and when you have something to say. If someone complains about customer service or "The Label", you're right there to try to stoke that fire. That's your role to play. I don't mind though, every forum needs an antagonist. It's the only way we get heated threads going.

Oh please. If I wanted to troll this forum, I'd have this place on fire before I was banned. I've made zero comments on CBCS customer service (since I have pretty much zero experience with them), just pointed out your phone support comment is wrong and too generalized. I don't even have to make fun of the label. Everyone knows it's bad. But that's just how it is.

I think you're the only one that thinks I'm purposefully antagonizing since you're so invested in CBCS. If you read what I write, its pretty much right down the middle.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
I've made zero comments on CBCS customer service (since I have pretty much zero experience with them), just pointed out your phone support comment is wrong and too generalized.

Quote:
So legit question here, not meant as a barb or anything.

Other than saving CBCS from bankruptcy ( I think, right?), what else has Beckett done for CBCS? Seems they should maybe give them more budget to address things like the CS issue (stop bloody outsourcing to India!) and a better marketing budget...

Anyone have insight into the pros of that relationship? OR does Beckett do this stuff too? I literally have zero idea about that company.

You should use "zero" less often. It's not really a subjective number.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:

You should use "zero" less often. It's not really a subjective number.

You should make less definitive statements on subjects you aren't strong in, like label design and phone support.

We both have learning to do. This is a growing moment. <3
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
You should make less definitive statements on subjects you aren't strong in, like label design and phone support.

Aha! There it is again. Labels and customer service
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@mediaslave we need less bickering and more pictures of your artwork.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@mediaslave we need less bickering and more pictures of your artwork.

Did you see the alien one? It turned out semi - ok. Good learning experience.

Doing an asm 129 homage now with chapel and spawn. Kinda fun.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
😂 one thing I’ve noticed on this site is that Mafia really likes feeding the trolls.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@pokecollectoramy - FYI, you would probably be more likely to get a response if you used @Darry_H instead of just typing his first name as that will not ping him. Additionally, and more direct, you could just hit the envelope icon next to his avatar to directly and privately message him.

Cheers.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
😂 one thing I’ve noticed on this site is that Mafia really likes feeding the trolls.

You noticed wrong. He IS the troll .

Post 62 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
At CGC it's against policy to discuss CBCS (in detail, anyway). Here CGC talk is allowed, but PRO CGC talk has been leading to locked threads.
Maybe talking about the host site's product only on the host's site is the better idea.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, and ibtl.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy 👍👍👍
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:

@Haljordanfan I guess it's my personal weakness. One of my hot buttons is when people talk about how CBCS can be more like CGC. If I moved to Sweden and constantly talked about how Sweden should be more like the U.S...I'd probably get some pushback. My other hot button is when people over-state the significance of customer service issues. Sure it's a weakness of CBCS, but it's like having a great girlfriend who is 10 pounds over-weight. Most of us are going to get past the extra 10 pounds and accept that part of her if everything else about her is great. I guess when someone talks about my girl being 10 pounds overweight I feel obliged to step up and defend her honor and talk about all the reasons why I prefer her over other girls that weigh less.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@Haljordanfan I guess it's my personal weakness. One of my hot buttons is when people talk about how CBCS can be more like CGC. If I moved to Sweden and constantly talked about how Sweden should be more like the U.S...I'd probably get some pushback. My other hot button is when people over-state the significance of customer service issues. Sure it's a weakness of CBCS, but it's like having a great girlfriend who is 10 pounds over-weight. Most of us are going to get past the extra 10 pounds and accept that part of her if everything else about her is great. I guess when someone talks about my girl being 10 pounds overweight I feel obliged to step up and defend her honor and talk about all the reasons why I prefer her over other girls that weigh less.

Gonmna have to say that that is hands down the worst analogy I've ever read hahah

The importance of good CS can NEVER be understated. Companies spend MILLIONS a year to ensure customer experiences are positive, and that most definitely includes CS. Big time. Why do you think companies record these calls? Its to review, and hopefully improve their CS.

Think about going to a restaurant, and the food is decent but the waiter sucks. You leave annoyed. Maybe you don't go back.

And try telling somebody with a problem that CS is nice to have, and you'll deal with them when you have time. Lemme know how that goes for you.

I also find it funny that you think all these posts are about making things closer to CGC, and not recognizing that these are what would be considered universal problems in any company. Unprofessional branding and company image plague a lot of companies in every industry, and almost all will tell you that once that is dealt with the company grows. Like I said in another post consumers are weird in that they will know if theres a problem or don't like something, but won't be able to really vocalize it. Its tough to make them happy, but thankfully, there's precidents that set reasonable paths to follow.

BTW, Americans are infamous for going to other countries and complaining that it should be more like the US.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
BTW, Americans are infamous for going to other countries and complaining that it should be more like the US

Amazing then the similarities between you and an obnoxious American tourist.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

😂 you get her fat ass on that treadmill and work it off, the only one in the relationship allowed to be 10lbs overweight is me.

Seriously though, customer service is incredibly important in any circumstance. When I buy heavy equipment for my company, customer service is one of the biggest factors in determining which company I buying from. I used to buy from an Italian company called Biesse and over the last 5 years their CS has gone from okay to horrid in my experience. Stiles Machinery, which is German, now gets all of my business. Why? Because when we go down and need a person, they answer almost immediately.

Media’s a cheerleader for the other team, I get that and he likes trolling here. Which makes the forum atmosphere entertaining at times. There are plenty of things that CGC does better than CBCS, but CBCS is doing things extremely well in my opinion and will cut into market share. More and more will notice and it’ll be a Pepsi/Coke thing.

At least that’s what I see.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
you get her fat ass on that treadmill and work it off, the only one in the relationship allowed to be 10lbs overweight is me.

Seriously though, customer service is incredibly important in any circumstance. When I buy heavy equipment for my company, customer service is one of the biggest factors in determining which company I buying from

@Haljordanfan The problem with a great girl losing 10 pounds is that they either don't need you anymore or the price of love may go up considerably. I think the significance of customer service is in relation to the size of the purchases. You're making purchases in the tens of thousands of dollars, great customer service should be baked into the cake. My company the average job is $4,000, so we have to be fairly responsive. CBCS probably has an average submission less than $400. I've done 15-20 submissions over 7 years and needed customer service once, maybe twice. If we assume that every thing is a trade-off, I would prefer resources be dedicated to shorter TAT's rather than increased customer service.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:

Media’s a cheerleader for the other team, I get that and he likes trolling here.

No sir, got that wrong.

I PREFER the other team, but call them on their shit too. For example, I STRONGLY disagree with them lowering the dealer discount, and for giving people only an extremely short time to submit their stuff when the price change was announced. They should have given more time, especially when their site was crashing from the flood. That wasn't cool, and I told them so.

I think the other team IS better overall, but mostly because they understand the market better as a whole, and clearly understand marketing and consumer behaviour.

I started with CBCS though, and changed over due to my experiences. I still LOOOOOVE some of hte things CBCS does (graders notes especially, and showing up to little shows) but in other respects I think they're lacking. Grading though I think is on par between the two.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
BTW, Americans are infamous for going to other countries and complaining that it should be more like the US

Amazing then the similarities between you and an obnoxious American tourist.

Awww muffin. No raging!
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Media’s a cheerleader for the other team, I get that and he likes trolling here. Which makes the forum atmosphere entertaining at times

@Haljordanfan I agree it's good for a more interesting forum atmosphere. I don't actually think that troll and trolling are the right terms. I think he and I just nailed it perfectly with "Tourist". He's the obnoxious haughty tourist from another part of the country who keeps telling the locals that they shouldn't put up with this or that and that he sees potential in this part of the country if only we did things the way he sees fit.
Post 73 IP   flag post
600639 73 23
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.