Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeMovies TelevisionQuestions

Will GoCollect blog move the needle on this comic?14502

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
GoCollect just did a blog on Alpha Flight #1 Vol 1. In that speculation commentary, further references were made similar to my comments made in this weeks auction thread. Who sees a spike?

clickable textLink to GoCollect Blog
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would say a mini spike because these blogs generally generate a bit more interest in books. However, nowhere near the amount an actual movie rumor might spike the book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering that myself! Mid 40's so have know about this book forever and have 2 or 3? but maybe younger collectors don't know and this will peak their interest.

As the blog says...many 1st appearances..all it takes is for any one of those characters to be teased and then it will spike!!

Personally I think the whole team would be a good Disney + show rather than a movie treatment
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Who sees a spike?

I could see a spike, but I would not give the credit to a GoCollect blog. I've been reading those off and on for over a year and I have yet to see one have an impact on the needle. They are pretty good though about getting information out and getting ideas into peoples heads that could germinate. Whenever I see this book I always remember what GoCollect blog taught me...it's the only Silver Age appearance of Two-Face...but it's not Harvey Dent, it's Batman posing as Two-Face:

Yep, think about it every time I see the 8 copies that I bought after the GoCollect blog, lol.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I saw that!

I think we are going to see more of this, too.

I don’t you’ll see a movie type spike, but maybe higher volume.

At some point, all the bloggers and you tubers are going to run out of ways to talk about well known keys and they’ll have to branch out into looking for the next big thing.

I won’t be surprised when someone picks up on Exiles.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Lord_Raiden private msg quote post Address this user
there has to be an alpha flight move / show at some point

just like at some point we're going to see captain britain show up
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Lord_Raiden yeah!!! Captain Britain!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Let's hope as I have at least 10 raw copies of Alpha Flight #1 in a box somewhere.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I’ve got a bunch of newsstands getting graded now
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Lord_Raiden yeah!!! Captain Britain!!!!

If you watched endgame Peggy carter mentions “braddocks unit”

Yeah…. He’s on the way

And what I’m waiting for is dr. Strange meeting Merlin
Post 10 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
The blog mentions 10 first appearances, but there are actually 12, with the first appearance of Tundra and also Dan Smallwood who discovers Marrina(egg).
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
I saw that!

I think we are going to see more of this, too.

I don’t you’ll see a movie type spike, but maybe higher volume.

At some point, all the bloggers and you tubers are going to run out of ways to talk about well known keys and they’ll have to branch out into looking for the next big thing.

I won’t be surprised when someone picks up on Exiles.

CBSI (Comic Book Speculation and Investing) has mentioned Exile comics frequently the last 2 years or so.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600484 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?