B&B 28 My Biggest Sale to Date14353

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

You hit a superb analogy there Ted..now apply that to the newly opened comic sales markets for places like Russia, China, and the rest of the world which prior to the recent wave of movies had not known these stories and characters.

Just FYI - in China comics are mostly released digital not in paper form

Any idea why this is the case?

china is a very digital society - much more than the US. secondly china does not have the same comic tradition as the US
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting.
I don't have contact with folks outside of USA. Its always nice to learn something new of other places.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I think we are in a bubble, and I think prices will start to drop this summer, perhaps early fall, and continue to drop into next year.

Now that I know about the 2022 changes in online sales reporting requirements...this is exactly the timeline I have in mind as well. Although I'm thinking that come Jan 1 2022 there may be a shortage of online inventory and this could create a recovery, if confidence is not already lost.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

You hit a superb analogy there Ted..now apply that to the newly opened comic sales markets for places like Russia, China, and the rest of the world which prior to the recent wave of movies had not known these stories and characters.

perhaps for newer stuff but back issues are still sold...why yes, on paper, just like with you buying them. And that is what we are discussing right? Back issues and key sales
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

perhaps for newer stuff but back issues are still sold...why yes, on paper, just like with you buying them. And that is what we are discussing right? Back issues and key sales

Hopefully the new converts aren't all be like my 11 year old daughter. She can tell me everything that I don't already know about the MCU. She watched the MCU a second time in chronological order, faithfully watched WandaVision, and faithfully watches Falcon. When I show her the 50 year old first appearance of The Falcon (in Cap 117) she takes a moment to look it over, the way a Japanese Business man might show respect to your business card by staring at it briefly before handing it back to you.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I don't have contact with folks outside of USA.

@Bronte Clearly you do. You talk comic books with them every day.
Post 56 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Good point.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is no significant base for purchasing US back or new issues in China in paper form.
Even in Hong Kong. There are 2 comic shops in a city of 7.5 mill people. Neither are selling back issues older than 6 months
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
There is no significant base for purchasing US back or new issues in China in paper form.
Even in Hong Kong. There are 2 comic shops in a city of 7.5 mill people. Neither are selling back issues older than 6 months

@poka I know in the past Japan had showed a fondness for historical artifacts of Western culture (old Levi's, Leather jackets, boots, etc). I'm wondering if this could spread to other rapidly rising Asian societies such as China? I'm thinking that the electronic age of the Internet makes it unlikely. My guess is that Chinese interests will remain focused more on present and future rather than the past? There's just so much to absorb going forward, I don't know if the bandwidth is there for past artifacts...which probably explains what I'm experiencing with my daughters lack of interest in the old 1st appearance comic books.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting view, but I know multiple sellers that regularly sell back issues as well as keys to that corner of the world....Hong Kong, China, Japan and even southeastern asia. There are people like yourself out there buying.

They could be the exception but I would be amused to see how many of MCS regular mail shipments go to foreign countries and what the precise count might reveal
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting view, but I know multiple sellers that regularly sell back issues as well as keys to that corner of the world....Hong Kong, China, Japan and even southeastern asia. There are people like yourself out there buying.

They could be the exception but I would be amused to see how many of MCS regular mail shipments go to foreign countries and what the precise count might reveal

There is a diff between selling to a few buyers and a market which makes a diff. I am just telling you there is no substantial market in Hong Kong or China for physical comic books. If you don’t believe come and visit yourself.

Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines is a different story. There is a strong comic community there with regular comic cons and good comic stores. If you go to one of a few cons in China or Hong Kong you will find Zero comic books. And before you say that there must be a comic book market opportunity in Hong Kong and China - I am just saying that you don’t understand that particular market.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Anyway - this is derailing OP’s thread. So those will be my final comments on that matter
Post 62 IP   flag post
yes Perhaps I do not understand, I apparently have someone who buys comics in China attempting to tell me noone...buys comics in China except them apparently.
Be that as it may the point makes itself..there are over 200 countries worldwide that have been visited by the Disney franchise of movies the past 20 years and whom likely have comic buying fans that do purchase from the US ...it still remains solid fact that the comic buying world has been vastly altered the past 20 years and that some of what we are seeing is that purchasing at work...except China of course, they are the lone exception in the entire world apparently.

Incidentally, why would you possibly assume that given my collection of dinosaur fossils from Henan provinnce and Guamdong district that I had never been to China or for that matter exposed to the comic market there to any degree?

How utterly odd.
Post 63 IP   flag post
600892 63 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?