Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

A thought for Making sales threads easier to find after day 114341

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I go to search for a sales thread I can't think of any keywords in the title. So I have to scroll through screens until I find what I think might be the right thread. Seems it would be easier if we all agreed to follow a common format that is easily searchable? I'm thinking it would be something like: "Sales Thread" "Username" "Date" "Details". So If I were to start a new sales thread the title would look like this: Sales Thread Ebaymafia April 2021 CBCS Raw Grade Keys
That way there would be multiple reliable ways to search for the thread by keyword. Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
On the left hand side of the screen, on my tablet, are the tags that people can use. There is a generic "for sale" and a "certified comics for sale" tag to use. Have you tried clicking on one of them?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Have you tried clicking on one of them?

sadly, not in a year or more. I kind of forgot they existed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Sometimes I go to search for a sales thread I can't think of any keywords in the title. So I have to scroll through screens until I find what I think might be the right thread. Seems it would be easier if we all agreed to follow a common format that is easily searchable? I'm thinking it would be something like: "Sales Thread" "Username" "Date"
"Details"
. So If I were to start a new sales thread the title would look like this: Sales Thread Ebaymafia April 2021 CBCS Raw Grade Keys
That way there would be multiple reliable ways to search for the thread by keyword. Thoughts?

I like the idea!!! It would make it easier to find more recent for sale threads. Mind if I borrow your naming convention?
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
On the left hand side of the screen, on my tablet, are the tags that people can use. There is a generic "for sale" and a "certified comics for sale" tag to use. Have you tried clicking on one of them?

whoa.... thats crazy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
seriously, I never clicked off to the left there..
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheComicGuy
I like the idea!!! It would make it easier to find more recent for sale threads. Mind if I borrow your naming convention?

Absolutely. I will use it if I put up another sales thread or redo my existing thread of Ebay listings.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I'm trying to find one of the very first threads I ever started. It was back in August or July of 2019. Assuming I didn't use any tags, any suggestions?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia click on your profile and scroll down. It'll show all the threads you've posted in or created. You'll have to click a bunch to find the early ones.

There's actually a better way to do it. Click on your topics, then the more threads button at the bottom. It'll load more threads this way each time you click than if you do it through your profile.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O I'm trying to find one of the very first threads I ever started. It was back in August or July of 2019. Assuming I didn't use any tags, any suggestions?

@flanders beat me to it!!! That's exactly how I would do it. But if you listed an oddball comic, it might be easier to just search that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@EbayMafia click on your profile and scroll down. It'll show all the threads you've posted in or created. You'll have to click a bunch to find the early ones.

Thanks @flanders, that was quite a journey. I think I learned a lot about myself in the process,lol. Seems at least twice a month I get involved in a thread that ends up with a padlock next to it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

one thing though...only threads who have been tagged with the 'for sale' tag will show.

I think only the initiator of the tread can do that?
Post 12 IP   flag post
For those who wish to use it, just going to repeat my formatting recommendation so it doesn't get lost in the conversation:

Quote:
"Sales Thread" "Username" "Date" "Details". So If I were to start a new sales thread the title would look like this: Sales Thread Ebaymafia April 2021 CBCS Raw Grade Keys

The year is probably unnecessary, but it will help with searches I guess.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
seems like it would be simple enough to make a pinned "sub" board in the upper section containing all classifieds and for sales
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
as for finding sales threads, I just remember the WHO it was then click on their name and bring up their recent posts...usually it will be the last two or three posts they made and simple enough
Post 15 IP   flag post
600771 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?