Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Slesko private msg quote post Address this user
Got the first appearance of gambit for $1 which I know was a steal. It’s pretty beat up and I’m still learning how to grade. Thoughts on the grade?my guess is maybe a 3.0

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
4.0. a press would help a lot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Top staple in? Looks like partially detached.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It’s in completely, no problems there
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
If everything that looks pressable at a quick glance actually is ... you may be able to make it a 5.0.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It a modern book so CBCS/CGC will grade a little harder than older books.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think it matters of you press it or os it better to get thier service to press it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Have CBCS press it. It will be done properly and present much nicer. (Although it will delay your books grading)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
Do you think it matters of you press it or os it better to get thier service to press it.
CBCS pressing is top notch. It will definitely improve with a press. With all the color breaks and some stains; I think 4.0 after press possible 4.5-5.0 depending on interior and how much pressable. Nice $1 grab!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
For a more modern book that is widely available in much higher grades, I don't know why anybody would waste any time, effort or money on a book with that much wear and tear. Then again, in this current sellers market there's likely a fool out there somewhere.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That seems like a reasonable grade if you're going to sell it raw. I wouldn't put any money into having it pressed and cleaned or slabbed. Since you got it for such a good deal I would sell it and use that money towards buying a better copy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it's in the 3.0/4.0 range, which are selling for around $50. So I say you did real good (and it's a Newsstand Edition too). If you did decide to clean, press, and grade it, you could probably get around $100 for it (but if you take out your costs to do that, and include your shipping costs both ways, you might as well sell it raw for $50 - IMO).
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone, very helpful input!
Post 13 IP   flag post
597965 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?