Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Defiant Comic Book Bags - I can't find them anywhere. Help!14337

Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I've been on eBay, other comic forums, and trade groups, and no one has been able to help!

These comic bags were part of a Warlord collection I acquired this past week. The bags are all branded with the Defiant logo and are VERY thick plastic with a nice flap that tucks into a special band on the back. They appear to be fantastic, rock solid bags.

Does anyone know what these are called, or where to find more? I'm guessing they're long out of print, but if anybody has a large quantity of them available (used or new) I'm interested and willing to buy them.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Defiant was a comic brand in the 1990s. They were created by Jim Shooter after he left Valiant. I'm guessing that those bags originally contained some "special" Defiant comic.

So you won't find bags like that for sale like you would other bags.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiant_Comics
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
They were made by Ultra Pro. They may be discontinued. Check out their web site: https://www.ultrapro.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I bought some comics that were stores in the ultra pro holders. They make the book look very nice in the holder, but they're super fragile. The little strap on the back broke off from one side and the top flap broke in half when I held the flap back to prevent the book from getting damaged by the flap.

I'm not sure how the books were stored so it's possible they were stored in a less than ideal environment that resulted in some rapid deterioration to the bag.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I thought they were comics bags that were angry and fighting back against society...you know like Milk and Cheese : Dairy gone bad!
Post 5 IP   flag post
601214 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?