Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

Won in raffle.

I need you to stop and give the rest of us a chance. (lol)

BTW, where are these raffles and how do you enter?

A link would be helpful.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort on Instagram. That one was hosted by og_junkn_the_trunk
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector LostWarrior17 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I just joined and picked up some stuff at a convention this weekend, thought I'd post a few things! This Tales of Suspense has very nice color and I grabbed it up to replace my beat up copy.
Post 978 IP   flag post
I was also surprised to find some early Tales to Astonish. I have six left in my collection with three or four I may want to replace. I was very happy with the #36, such nice color.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@LostWarrior17 welcome to the forum's. Nice pick ups πŸ‘
Post 980 IP   flag post

It was my first big convention for about two years so it was very exciting! I grabbed a bunch of Tales to Astonish, including the first appearance of the Leader. Filled a lot of holes and was very happy!
Post 981 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one. Perhaps my favorite cover in all of comics. Signed by Steranko.

Post 982 IP   flag post
I was so excited to find the first cameo and full appearance of the Leader. I was hoping there would be a #90 (1st Abomination) but there was only one and it was a CGC 7.0. Not ready to shell out that much cash the way the prices are going for that book.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@LostWarrior17 can you remember what price they had on the TTA 90?
Post 984 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure the TTA 90 was $800, I think the Abomination is rumored to appear in the new Shang-Hi movie.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostWarrior17
I'm pretty sure the TTA 90 was $800, I think the Abomination is rumored to appear in the new Shang-Hi movie.

He's in the trailer!
Post 986 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostWarrior17

Very nice.
I have a cgc 9.2 and a 7.0 cbcs
Post 987 IP   flag post
I'm hoping for the Mandarin also! One of my favorite villains as I am a big Iron Man fan. Not that the MCU Mandarin was bad, it's just not the original Mandarin with his 10 rings of power.
Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad @sportshort
Thanks again for the birthday wishes, I appreciate that! Been busy over the past few days & meant to say thanks a couple of days ago. Cheers! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΊ
Post 989 IP   flag post
New books off Darkseid forum member.

Post 990 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 991 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

Won in raffle.
@Frontier2Xterra double A for your FF raffle win.
Post 992 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Approximately 25 copies of Spider-man 2099 1 CGC 9.8

Out of 30 books only 1 CGC error. They included a graded 9.4 when screening was for 9.8. They are charging a 8$ reject fee even though this shipment was sent and received before their price increase. They said if it was completed BEFORE the price increase it would have been the 5$ reject. Pretty shitty if you ask me. I sent a huge order before their suppossed cutoff date and expected them to honor that email price.....

Post 993 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Paid $140 for all, just was itching to buy something, it’s a disease.

Post 994 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Out of 30 books only 1 CGC error. They included a graded 9.4 when screening was for 9.8. They are charging a 8$ reject fee even though this shipment was sent and received before their price increase. They said if it was completed BEFORE the price increase it would have been the 5$ reject. Pretty shitty if you ask me. I sent a huge order before their suppossed cutoff date and expected them to honor that email price.....

'Tis a shitty company for sure.
Post 995 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte That really sucks!! I hope they dont do that with my books. Are you going to try to fight them on it?
Post 996 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492

For this one book it's not worth it. You figure I bought the book for cover price or less and I can easily sell for grading costs and a bit of profit. So no biggie. However, with the larger order I was referring to that I might need to.
Post 997 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@doog Nice books! Even if that Air Ace ship looks like an Angry Bird.
Post 998 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived today.

Post 999 IP   flag post
601294 999 24