Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededMemorabilia

Floyd concert program candidate for RAW Grade?14127

Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All
So I have this Pink Floyd concert program from the 74/75 tour. I think it's too tall for encasement, it measures at 8.25" x 11.50" . Wondering if a RAW grade would work for this.
The condition looks pretty good.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
if you are interested in selling it I am interested in buying it! lmk
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm not gonna sell it. This one stays in my PC. I'm a big Floyd fan and had been looking for this ever since I saw it listed in a Underground Comix price guide like 20 years ago. Finally found it on ebay for $100. Here are a couple I found on the bay.

clickable text

clickable text
clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Dalkiel thanks for the info! I am also a big Pink Floyd fan! Let me show you what I got off ebay years ago

It was a package people who went to the Roger Waters show in Berlin got!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cool !
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
If I remember correctly, CBCS doesn't grade magazine size or underground comics.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
If I remember correctly, CBCS doesn't grade magazine size or underground comics.

This book is actually a concert program that was made to look like a comic. The book was listed in a UG guide. I don't think it would count as an UG comic since it was only sold at the Floyd concerts. There are a couple of 2 page stories with a little nudity. I'm planning on sending it in for a RAW grade just so I can keep it in decent condition till CBCS starts grading magazine size books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Dalkiel - Why not just put it in a magazine size Mylite with a fullback yourself if you will probably just submit it again when magazine slabs become available?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has said that they are attempting to get magazine sized cases rolling by the end of this year. might be worth the wait? I have a bunch of mags set aside for when the time comes
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I actually didn't know that CBCS would raw grade magazines (just looked it up. They do!) And I'm not sure of the reasoning behind not grading undergrounds, I have a lot of these, so I'd be interested in having some done. You're item is an interesting twist, an underground style, music program. So, it would be interesting to find out what they would do with your item.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks for the great idea, I think I have some of the bags that the slabs come in lying around. I'll tape together some full backs to fill out the bag. That should keep it safe till the Magazine slabs get going. Thank you Sir.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601390 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?