Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ebay seller spring update14085

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Among other things categories for Comics will change

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2021-spring/index.html
Post 1 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
What will they be? I haven't heard of any complaints about the Comics categories.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
What will they be? I haven't heard of any complaints about the Comics categories.

details in the link
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges/preview2021.html

It reads like stereo instructions. If I'm reading it right, though, it looks like they are getting rid of all the individual sub categories under Comics and making it all Comics & Graphic Novels.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
It also appears magazines like Vampirella will go to an area unrelated to the new “Comics and Graphic Novels” category that will hold every comic for sale , without any separate categories to simplify the hunting.
We shall see how easy the future hunting is. Sounds like it will be more difficult, as narrowing the pile to things like “Horror” may not work easily.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like we'll have to do a lot of wading.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
So they don't want people to sell comics on Ebay anymore... lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys search by categories and sub-categories? I just search by title bar first and then click the appropriate sub category to eliminate the stuff I don't want to see.
Post 8 IP   flag post
That's the way I do it, but it looks like you won't be able to eliminate stuff now.
So let's say I did a search for Daredevil auctions. When I got the results, I'd choose 'Silver Age' to eliminate all Moderns, etc. It sounds like I won't be able to do that now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
That's the way I do it, but it looks like you won't be able to eliminate stuff now.
So let's say I did a search for Daredevil auctions. When I got the results, I'd choose 'Silver Age' to eliminate all Moderns, etc. It sounds like I won't be able to do that now.

Exactly. That’s how I do it, too. I hope there’s some sort of alternative for eliminating the eras I don’t want to scroll through.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I've always been frustrated by the sellers who post items in the wrong category. I tend to look for silver age superhero, but the results will be all over the place, many different categories represented, ages and types. Some sellers don't break their listings into a sub-category, just list under, say, silver age or bronze age. Or miscategorise comics, is Man-Thing a superhero or a horror comic? I think a lot of sales are missed this way. Maybe the new way will be better? Sounds like more work though.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Among other things categories for Comics will change

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2021-spring/index.html

Thank you for posting this - I almost started a thread about it last week, but wasn't sure how much interest there would be, or if people had taken the time to read about the changes.

Surprised to say that a lot of them make sense, especially the concept of managed payments to officially open eBay back up to a variety of payment options beyond PayPal. (eBay took a move in this direction a few years ago, but the new changes will make it simpler for all concerned.)

What's your take on any negatives, including how managed payments might backfire on sellers?
Post 12 IP   flag post
600790 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?