Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
With the announcement of the Spawn Universe and news of Gunslinger Spawn getting his own title looks to be pushing up the prices of his appearances

Spawn 119 (first cameo) and Spawn 174 seem to be the 2 main books to collect

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
internet be crazy!!!! I'll buy trades to read stories have my 9.8 news stand Spawn #1 that I "overpaid" for in 1994 - was $10!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
internet be crazy!!!! I'll buy trades to read stories have my 9.8 news stand Spawn #1 that I "overpaid" for in 1994 - was $10!!!

My spawn 1 newsstand came back a lowly 9.4 but the McFarlane signature looks great on it
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@BrashSmurf sweet....I only have his signature either in hardcovers on inside the pages of a collaboration book...someday I'll get one or more on an actual comic!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I still need to press and submit my signed Spawn #1. It's not a newsstand but that's good enough for me. I think I paid $5 for it and got it signed by McFarlane at one of his free signings
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
The whole Spawn Universe idea has lots of potential and with some of the creators Todd’s already announced I am very optimistic. Ship might have sailed for Gunslinger but I don’t think these will be the last back issues to blow up.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
174 has always been a hard book to land. I’ve had my eye on one and a 175 for a few years. The right opportunity never came by and it doesn’t appear as it will anytime soon.

(If a forum member that reads this that has a Capullo signed 175 reads this, I’d still buy it!!!!)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
174 has always been a hard book to land. I’ve had my eye on one and a 175 for a few years. The right opportunity never came by and it doesn’t appear as it will anytime soon.

(If a forum member that reads this that has a Capullo signed 175 reads this, I’d still buy it!!!!)
i have 119 and 174 but could never land a 175 for a reasonable price
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:

i have 119 and 174 but could never land a 175 for a reasonable price
I have a short box downstairs labeled 1-120. I hope it’s correct.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It should be back from CBCS in May. But it'll cost you your dog and a years supply of dog food.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

It should be back from CBCS in May. But it'll cost you your dog and a years supply of dog food.
I suspected that my friend. Good score for you for sure!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I have years of collecting under my belt and amassed a fairly decent collection. Most of it either at cover price or less. If not that, then at a super reasonable price years ago. The past couple of years I have had a whole bunch of "Hey! I have that!" moments when I see a price make a crazy jump. Especially stuff that sat for years that was hardly worth anything.
I stopped reading Spawn just before 150. Except for 111, I have a complete run 1-146. It's been nice seeing some of those prices jump up with my retirement drawing closer.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601289 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?