Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ok, this speculation has gone beyond ridiculous!!!13953

Collector flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I put my bid in early on two comics at auction tonight, since the increments go up by $25-50 and I thought I might gain an advantage bidding early. I'll update this post with the final prices (not including tax)regardless if I win and hopefully get some opinions on my crazy speculation/getting caught up in the bubble choices.

Strike out on the 1st one: TMNT Adventures #1 CGC 9.6 Newsstand - Incorrectly labeled by CGC it's the Canadian $1.25 price variant but makes no mention, I thought I'd get it for a steal for the times.

Is this a single, double, triple, home run, or did I just get hit by a pitch?:

If it's a bad purchase I blame @ebaymafia, this is my second purchase I made since his post about what 1-3 items would you buy with $1500.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Ive bought two CBCS books over the last couple of days. Both were BINs with make an offer options. One came down $100 and the other $25 making both below GPA.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Find it shocking how relatively cheap the first appearance of the Teen Titans is

They put the Teen Titans series on HBO Max recently. I got about 3 episodes in before I quit. Unfortunately it was the opposite of fun and entertaining. Not enough liquor in the house to keep me watching. I should have realized that when Raven was the central character for episode one.

I quite enjoyed it...I would recommend watching more than just the first 3 episodes, it gets much better.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
As a collector, I find it rather disheartening that I can't find any books on my want list on ebay for close to fmv or even the price the last book sold at. Figured I would use the ebay bucks promotion to knock out another book from my want list. I have about 15 and I can't find one book for a decent price
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector jcbruch private msg quote post Address this user
Try comiclink auctions. I never brought from there but if you are looking for older books, silver age or later they do have auctions.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@jcbruch

Comiclink auctions have been ridiculously overpriced for a while now. I stopped buying from that place.
Post 156 IP   flag post
368769 156 6