Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Zack Snyder's Justice League (Official Trailer)13930

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Jabberwookie The release isn’t strictly what Snyder had shot or originally intended. Cavill, Affleck, Leto, and others agreed to return to film new scenes for this release, I’d imagine because the commitment here isn’t nearly that of shooting entire new movies.

Cavill did not return for any re-shoots. Snyder filmed less than 5 minutes of 'additions' in 2020. 97% of the movie was filmed in 2016.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Main studio Warner Bros. can suck it at this point for all I care.

Very succinct.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus

Thanks!

I didn’t really like Fishers Cyborg, so I wouldn’t object to a recasting there.

Maybe I haven’t read the Wolfman/ Perez run recently enough, but I don’t recall Cyborg being so brooding.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@theCapraAegagrus

Thanks!

I didn’t really like Fishers Cyborg, so I wouldn’t object to a recasting there.

Maybe I haven’t read the Wolfman/ Perez run recently enough, but I don’t recall Cyborg being so brooding.

I'm withholding judgment until the 18th. Cyborg is allegedly the "heart" of JL, and we weren't given much of his character in Josstice League.
Post 54 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Possible spoiler

clickable text
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Possible spoiler

clickable text

It's weird, because some people are claiming that ZSJL is the first two Justice League movies in one? I'm not sure where they got that idea from. Maybe inferred it based solely off the runtime?

["POSSIBLE SPOILER" RESPONSE BELOW]

I wouldn't call it a spoiler, as we were told it was going to be a cliffhanger, and that JL2 was going to be Darkseid's victory on Earth. It does, however, paint a more clear picture of what we've been told. I didn't know that it would be the Knightmare scenario. That means Flash travels back in time at the end of JL2. I thought that all of JL2 and JL3 would be... Linear.
Post 56 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 57 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I would have much rather had Green Lantern in the movie instead of Cyborg
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

The absence of Lanterns and Superman is why Steppenwolf invades. Cyborg is relevant to the Mother Boxes.

The Green Lanterns (Jordan and Stewart) were planned to be in Justice League 3, back when Zack Snyder's vision was ongoing, and they still had a Green Lantern Corps film planned. They were going to be pivotal in defeating Darkseid.

All of that being said, yes, I would love to have seen Jordan or Stewart in the first JL film. One of them may still make a cameo! *fingers crossed*
Post 59 IP   flag post
The film has 6 Chapters:

Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:

The absence of Lanterns and Superman is why Steppenwolf invades. Cyborg is relevant to the Mother Boxes.

The Green Lanterns (Jordan and Stewart) were planned to be in Justice League 3, back when Zack Snyder's vision was ongoing, and they still had a Green Lantern Corps film planned. They were going to be pivotal in defeating Darkseid.

All of that being said, yes, I would love to have seen Jordan or Stewart in the first JL film. One of them may still make a cameo! *fingers crossed*

Slight thread derailment here, but I really wish TW would invest in a series or movies focusing on the GL Corp.

That is such a rich area to mine a lot of stories from, and might be a better lead in for Darkseid and the New Gods that the way they are currently doing it.

I’d be all in for GLC series from HBO or something.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie Ask and you shall receive.

clickable text
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Jabberwookie Ask and you shall receive.

clickable text

Ha!

Boom!
Post 63 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, if @Jabberwookie can make that happen so quickly, how about a "Justice League Dark" movie or show (non-animated) or a Spectre movie?

Can you ask for that, @Jabberwookie? 😄
Post 64 IP   flag post
I think he asked for a Batman teaser with a sick score:
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Wow, if @Jabberwookie can make that happen so quickly, how about a "Justice League Dark" movie or show (non-animated) or a Spectre movie?

Ha ha!

I’ll give it a try: now if only they’d make a justice league dark movie?

And, while I’m at it, it’d be great if all our comics went up in value...
Post 66 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Ha ha!

Amen to that!! 👏👏👏
Post 67 IP   flag post
ZSJL Darkseid created by Todd McFarlane Toys.

Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Ha ha!

Jabberwookie, Ryan Abrams and Bad Robot productions his private company were hired to produce four running series for the HBOMAX streaming platform, and while I cannot recall all of them, I can tell you Dark Justice is being made as we speak. There is also a series based on the SHining and Overlook hotel theme as well. The other two I dont recall however
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Been a bit since I watched the movie, but I had thought at the large battle at the beginning of the movie the green lanterns were involved...and were in the movie albeit in a bit part
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I like that ... this better not awaken something in me ... I barely have enough room to store one collection as it is.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35

No joke. I’ve got enough vices as it is. Let’s not add JL figures to the mix...
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

Ha ha!

Jabberwookie, Ryan Abrams and Bad Robot productions his private company were hired to produce four running series for the HBOMAX streaming platform, and while I cannot recall all of them, I can tell you Dark Justice is being made as we speak. There is also a series based on the SHining and Overlook hotel theme as well. The other two I dont recall however

That is fantastic news!

Selfishly, I’m hoping it raises my Klarion and Demon first appearances values.

Both great characters, IMO.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Been a bit since I watched the movie, but I had thought at the large battle at the beginning of the movie the green lanterns were involved...and were in the movie albeit in a bit part

You're right, @Darkseid_of_town. A GL does appear briefly in that scene. In fact, he is killed and you then see his ring leave his hand and fly away as they do.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I like that ... this better not awaken something in me ... I barely have enough room to store one collection as it is.

I really hope this is an accurate portrayal of what Darkseid will look like in ZSJL.
Post 75 IP   flag post

Post 76 IP   flag post
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Life is good. Wish this happened in 2017, but I’ll take it now.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'm hoping for two things from this movie:

1) I hope it's good. I feel like it will be. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
2) Assuming #1 turns out to be true, I hope that Warner management learns a lesson and begins to let their creators (directors, etc) create without getting involved. Invariably, when their management gets involved, they screw things up.

I think #1 has a much greater chance of coming true than does #2.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Post 80 IP   flag post
600848 205 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?