Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Thoughts on WandaVision (Disney+)? SPOLERS13733

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is intended for those who have seen the show. Please be advised that There will most likely be spoilers.

I am really enjoying the gradual build.

Did not expect the 50’s sitcom format to be more than a momentary bit. I love the set-up so far. And Wanda intentionally ignoring the things that make it clear that something is wrong simply because she has Vision with her.

Thoughts? Expectations?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So far I too am enjoying the slow build. Episode 2 moved into colour so out of the 50's and into the 60's??lol! maybe that pace will continue and shortly we will be in the present?

I also can't decide if it is Hydra or Sheild..sorry SWORD doing what ever this is to Wanda and Vision - and of course why?

Will be fun to see how this plays out!
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I think the first 2 episodes were okay, but I expected to see superheroes so this was a slight disappointment. I hope they progress faster through this sitcom portion before it gets old.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Yawn
Post 4 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I found it fun trying to guess the old TV show characters..I’ve seen trixie, Lucy, Fred & Ethel, I think Donna Read a few I recognize but can’t remember the names. Their all from old TV cereals.. did you catch the spy with the Hydra watch. Can’t remember the characters name.
New contest... Name that character in Wanda Vision. Lol. 🖖
Post 5 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking forward to it but I just wasn't having fun with any of it. Was there an intro to sitcom reality? Or did I zone out? Though I didn't even finish episode 1. I failed - no attention span - but will try again before I cancel Disney. Bought their stock too - heard they where going all in with massive cash reserves. But I might be off - really want R rated adult characters - I'm more about Deadpool than Disney and those mouse bastards made cry all the time as kid. But liked Togo.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I liked it...you can tell Marvel is trying to do something different here. I think there's enough evidence to suggest SWORD is watching or monitoring Wanda and Vision.

SPOILERS

Who's the Beekeeper? I believe it's not really a beekeeper. It's part of the whole facade that's surrounding Wanda and Vision so maybe the beekeeper is an AIM thug or the Grim Reaper....I also think Wonder Man will show up at some point...get your Avengers 9(?).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Spoilers!!! I liked it so far. I think it will build up to some good things. Looking forward to more. I even got my wife to watch the first 2 episodes with me and my son. Did you see the #57 on the helicopter toy? (1st Vision) Avengers #57. The supporting cast so far seemed pretty good. I also really liked Wanda's magician helpers outfit.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips 57 is what I thought, avengers 57
Post 9 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Spoilers!!! I liked it so far. I think it will build up to some good things. Looking forward to more. I even got my wife to watch the first 2 episodes with me and my son. Did you see the #57 on the helicopter toy? (1st Vision) Avengers #57. The supporting cast so far seemed pretty good. I also really liked Wanda's magician helpers outfit.

I will bet you if we go back and watch them again we'll pick up some more new Easter eggs...

Might even be challenging
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Gotlift I agree. There are probably a few Easter eggs in there. I saw HYDRA and SWORD symbols. My wife said episode 1 looked like the Dick Van Dyke set.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
WandaVision is clearly going to be a series that leaves us with lots to talk about each week (that will certainly be the case after next week's instalment, trust us), but one mystery, at least, may now have been solved. 

Kathryn Hahn plays nosy neighbour Agnes in the Disney+ series, and there's been speculation for a while now that she is, in fact, Agatha Harkness. An ally to the Scarlet Witch in the comic books, she's also someone with ties to the Fantastic Four, Mephisto, and Wanda's children. 

Beyond the name, there have already been hints that Agnes and Agatha are one and the same. Her broach, for example, bears a resemblance to the one from the source material, while we've even seen her dressed as a witch in later episodes. What's the significance of Señor Scratchy, though? That's the rabbit Agnes lends to Wanda in episode two, but there may be more to it than that. 

In the comics, Agatha's son is Nicholas Scratch. An enemy of the Fantastic Four and Doctor Strange, he's by no means an A-Lister, but is it possible Agnes is helping a greater power because her son has been trapped in the body of an animal? That would be weird, thought it might go some way towards explaining her role in all this (especially as she's not typically a villain on the page). 

Agnes' M.I.A. husband Ralph is also generating some discussion online, with many WandaVision fans wondering whether "Ralph" is, in fact, Mephisto. 

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt Señor Scratchy is Nicholas Scratch. He is more than likely Agatha's familiar, Ebony, given to Wanda for protection.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Scarlet Witch & Vision were easily my least favorite characters in the movies, so, I was not chomping at the bit for this show at all.

But because my expectations were so low, I think it heightened my enjoyment of the show. And Elizabeth Olsen’s acting is great here, too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
I think season 1 will end with the Vision kidnapped, setting up VisionQuest for season 2!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoyed them both, but was expecting a slow burn. Want to re watch to catch all of the Easter eggs. Pretty sure it’s SWORD holding her their symbol was on the Iron Man colored toy helicopter. Definitely some stark tech and an undertone of hydra. I’m assuming we get an ep on fridays?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Very well done, and nice to see Marvel doing something off the beaten path of Superheroes all the time. Story telling is the key and if done right, we are in for a real treat as fans of the MCU.

Also, the intermission commercials are great segues!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
It's kind of like the Legion TV show from a couple of years ago. There's something really strange and ominous going on and it's primarily in the main character's head. It all get's put together as the show goes. It takes watching the entire season for it all to come together at the end to realize what all was really going on.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I thought the 2 episodes were pretty stupid. I mentioned in the other thread that I would assume the series would have benefited from releasing all at once. I have a couple friends who might not continue with the show due to how the first 2 episodes went.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
It's kind of like the Legion TV show from a couple of years ago. There's something really strange and ominous going on and it's primarily in the main character's head. It all get's put together as the show goes. It takes watching the entire season for it all to come together at the end to realize what all was really going on.

Great analogy!

Legion was bonkers but made a lot more sense as you got deeper in.

I feel like that’s what’s happening here, too.

Now, I will admit that I wish they dropped more breadcrumbs and weren’t as fully committed to sitcom style of the decade during the episode, but I’ll withhold judgement until I’ve seen the whole season.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I was not very impressed with episode 3. I hope it gets better.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
From toasters to flying cars. Stark Industries does everything.
Post 22 IP   flag post
If we looked at this as a movie, we’ve just finished the first act. I’m enjoying it, but it does seem to be unfolding a bit slower than I’d hoped at this point.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
So far I love the sitcom motif and love the pacing. I think they’re doing a great job slowly escalating the “something isn’t right here” vibe as the show moves forward through the decades.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Could something please start happening So far ZZZZZZ
Post 25 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
This show is so unbelievably boring that I literally fell asleep during Episode 3.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
sounds like I'm in the minority.....I kind of liked episode 3....there was a lot of fluff but they did move the story forward but still leaves questions for future episodes. Wanda seems able to kick people out of the reality she and Vision exist in....but is this a reality she has made for herself? if so, why? if not - who created it and why?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Love the show.... absolutely love it. Marvel taking a risk with something very different and it is working for me.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Could something please start happening So far ZZZZZZ

That's the problem I had with Agents of Shield. Slower than smoke off a turd.
Post 29 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I finally watched 1st 3 episodes over the weekend. It entertained me; I plan to watch the remaining episodes as they release.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601259 168 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?