Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Batman #1 goes for 2,200,000 at Heritage13713

Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
The highest graded Batman #1 just went for 2,200,000 (including buyer's premium) at Heritage. I think that makes it the highest sale ever that isn't Action #1 and the 3rd highest sale of all time after the two 9.0 Action 1s.

Also of note, a Detective Comics 359 in 9.8 sold for $130,000 (with buyers premium) which I believe absolutely shatters the ceiling for that book. The buyer's premium was almost as high as the GoCollect 9.8 FMV (28,000).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Shilled
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
As Maxwell Smart used to say, “Missed it by that much!”
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
1st appearance of Joker and Catwoman...wow!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous book. Any clue who the buyer is?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
First to come to mind is Metropolis, but only because they own the two Action Comics #1s. It's just a guess.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
It could be that uber rich Middle Eastern fellow who was hoarding $$$ books.

I'd also toss people like Ben Affleck, Samuel L, etc into the mix. $2.2 mill is chump change to them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito - Ben's probably already got one. Did you see his stash in The Accountant?

Post 8 IP   flag post
598060 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?