Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans... 13712

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Disney would have to pay me to go to any movie with Chris Evans in it. Time to move on to another picking up the shield.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Is this time for Nomad or something...find it hard to believe he would go back to live life with Agent Carter and just not get involved if something came up....maybe not as Cap but as one of his other personas??
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Apparently Neil Gaiman thought Endgame was a good setup for a Marvel 1602 series but was turned down
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
MCU is going to be very alternate timeline/universe centric for the next 5 years or so. anyone could show up anywhere in anyway. we could get like a winter soldierised version of cap or something... who knows?
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@comixcited This is what I'm thinking as well. It's highly unlikely he's signing on for a solo Cap film but more likely for a cameo(s) in others films and timelines.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
He’s so good as Cap. It’d be tough to picture anyone else in the role of Steve Rogers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
He’s so good as Cap. It’d be tough to picture anyone else in the role of Steve Rogers.

I agree!!! He is the perfect embodiment of Captain America AND Steve Rogers. I couldn't be more pleased!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@comixcited This is what I'm thinking as well. It's highly unlikely he's signing on for a solo Cap film but more likely for a cameo(s) in others films and timelines.

He doesn't exist as a public hero after endgame. He was removed as Captain America once he stayed with Carter. He's an old man. Nobody seems to remember this

So, I guess Sam, Buckey, and the other Avengers could chat with him as they'd be the only ones who remember him as "Captain America".
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Towmater Everyone remembers that.

There are still plenty of ways for him to appear which is what people are speculating about.

There are like 70 years from when he went back to Peggy to the present of Endgame. It’s hard to imagine that he (and Peggy) would be passive bystanders in a lot of the historical tumult between then and now.

On top of that, who’s to say the super soldier serum makes him age at the same rate? Or why could he not get additional Pymm particles from Henry Pymm in the 80s and travel forward through time and meet heroes after Endgame while still young?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

I agree!!! He is the perfect embodiment of Captain America AND Steve Rogers. I couldn't be more pleased!!!

I remember years ago, Wizard cast an Avengers movie and came up with Howie Long as Cap.

I’m not a huge Chris Evans fan, but he did a pretty good job.

With time travel and alternate realities on the table, it makes perfect sense he might show up again.

If I had a dollar for all the “xxx dies this issue” only to come back, I wouldn’t be rich, but I’d have a few more high dollar comics.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KatKomics Apparently Neil Gaiman thought Endgame was a good setup for a Marvel 1602 series but was turned down

I would love to see 1602 as a movie. Could happen someday.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

Isn't that Joe Biden?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite If he doesn't age at the same rate then why does he look like he's the age of WWII vets at the end of Endgame - see photo?

Why would he travel through time? I'd ask why would he? He chose to remain with Carter in the 1940's when he went back with the stones. He'd had enough of giving up everything to be "Captain America" and save the world over and over again. He wanted a "normal" life with the woman he loved. He wanted that enough to remain trapped in time with her to build that life with her. He was happy at the end of Endgame. Sure, lets mess with that so Chris can get another payday.

Setting it up for a character travel through time to do this or that was already done. The movie was called Looper.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I find that time travel movies/shows are often confusing and I leave with alot of "???" after movies are over.
It worked reasonably well with Endgame because that was (at the time), the end.

Generally speaking, time travel can be dangerously confusing and can... (not will), but can leave the viewer in a state of confusion.

I have confidence in Feige. He has barely disappointed and to see Chris Evans as Cap again ... well... he is Cap.
So I'm hopeful Marvel will make it all work out tightly and concisely, but to say I'm not concerned would be disingenuous.

Other than Loony Tunes with Bugs, shows/movies/tv eventually jump the shark if given time.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I never said that he did age age slower but it is a story possibility future storytellers can exploit. Why is he that age in the photo? He could’ve lived more time in the past than was suggested in the brief snippet we saw in Endgame.

I’m not going to argue what should or shouldn’t be done with the character. Truthfully, I’m not terribly fond of him but if other storytellers want to use them, there are ways to do so while preserving what has been established and telling a satisfying story at the same time.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

How about this -

Deadpool's introduction to the MCU is meeting Steve in the past while using Cabel's time travel device. That way Steve and Deadpool can team-up in the 1950's in a buddy movie while they both save the world during the cold war. LOL.
Post 17 IP   flag post
INVADERS would be fun
Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
INVADERS would be fun

I second that idea!!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@comixcited That would be cool. Which lineup?

Speaking of dormant super teams in the big screen, I would like to see the original Defenders (not the Netflix one), maybe even do a cameo in a future Dr Strange movie with Hulk and Namor with supporting roles, to see if that would spark interests and works with the distribution rights for its own standalone movie. I would even go for adding Valkyrie and/or Hellcat to the mix for strong female character appeal.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Jake the OG team would be a good start. water, fire & flag.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans

I was pretty sure we were living on Bizarro-Earth, but that thread title has left me with no doubt.
Post 22 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
INVADERS would be fun

Invaders.....HELL YEAH!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
INVADERS would be fun

I second that idea!!!!

Third!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That IS America's ass!
Post 25 IP   flag post
600780 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?