Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Movie Collectors: New Additions/Anticipated Releases Thread13702

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I know there are a few physical media collectors in the group. Feel free to share new collection purchases, anticipated releases & movies you’re hunting for.

In 2020, I finally grabbed the Criterion release of Kubrick’s ‘The Killing’ & my favorite old school Jackie Chan movie, ‘Police Story’.

I’ve wanted to upgrade my DVD of ‘Twilight Zone: The Movie’ to blu-ray but now it’s out of print & rather expensive. I’ll just have to hope for a blu-ray/4k rerelease.

But the movie that made me start this thread? They FINALLY released the 1990 TV movie ‘Buried Alive’ on blu-ray! The first movie Directed by Frank Darabont.

Such a fun low budget revenge Thriller!

What about you? Recent acquisitions? Any anticipated releases?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
personally I’m just waiting on blu ray releases for Melody Time, Make Mine Music, and the Black Cauldron

I’ll see if I have anything worth posting once I get home.

I have been picking up some European releases since the Disney/Marvel branch out there simply releases more. I’ve been importing 3D blu ray releases for a lot of the more recent MCU movies since here in the USA I think they stopped with Civil War. The last domestic Agents of Shield release was season 2 and that was only as an Amazon exclusive but the releases in Europe have continued. As well as 3D blu ray releases of the Walt Disney Animation films, which stopped after Tangled, with the exception of Moana.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Wow I haven’t thought about Buried Alive in over 20 years I remember it being very good need to watch it again. Very sweet revenge at the end.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
@00slim Wow I haven’t thought about Buried Alive in over 20 years I remember it being very good need to watch it again. Very sweet revenge at the end.

It’s on Amazon Prime now, as well. 👍🏼
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a lot of photos to contribute but we’ve been without power for 26 hours 😩
Post 5 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Thats way too long, bro. 😔

Hope it kicks back on, soon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It’s 40 degrees in the house ☹️
Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My most recent buys were all three from Shout Factory:

Obviously, the third Vincent Price Collection was available when I bought it. 😄

Now I need the 2nd Vincent Price set but it's pretty pricey on eBay.
Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
The small town where I've temporarily secluded myself only has a Wal-Mart that sells DVD's, and the selection is very very limited. Last week while shopping, I checked the movie section and found TRON on blu-ray. I haven't seen this movie since it's release in '82. Nice to watch on a big screen with cool sound. Evidently the movie was released on blu-ray 10 years ago. I had absolutely no idea.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Now that is commitment!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I donated most of DVDs. Only have some things left. Like spaghetti western.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
And Japanese Transformers

Post 17 IP   flag post
Love Sergio Leone and Sergio Corbucci westerns. Once Upon a Time in the West is one of the best ones ever made. The original Django movie was amazing. Once you find out what’s in that coffin he drags around is a great movie moment in history.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Spaghetti westerns rule!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I almost bought this. In fact, I had it pre-ordered. But there was a movie or two missing that made me cancel. Can’t remember which. Still a killer set. Maybe if the price drops a little I’ll grab it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

I just checked it out the version it plays is a different one from 1989 with Robert Vaughn but the cast it shows is from the 1990 version they’re mixed up.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

I just checked it out the version it plays is a different one from 1989 with Robert Vaughn but the cast it shows is from the 1990 version they’re mixed up.

How weird. Last I saw, they also had Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 listed as PG-13. Which, didn’t sound right at all. 😆
Post 22 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Lee Van Cleef. Fantastic actor. One of my favorites.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Complete G.I. Joe cartoon set... oddly enough I am watching it on YouTube right now. Remember rushing home after school to watch it everyday.
Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just a few examples I have on hand. Most of my stuff is packed up for a move that never happened

Post 26 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of the kewl Keaton sets from Eureka (Masters of Cinema, UK Blu-Ray Ltd. Ed.)...

All of these MoC box sets have been superb!
Post 27 IP   flag post
If you can, get this set I highly recommend it: https://amzn.to/2LoPTGW

Post 28 IP   flag post
Friday the 13th The Ultimate Collection on Blu Ray: https://amzn.to/3oHN0iL

Post 29 IP   flag post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Complete Collection: https://amzn.to/3sro0yG

Post 30 IP   flag post
601453 120 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?