Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze Age

Holy Cr@p! Conan the Barbarian!!13696

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
So this is an alert for other owners. My CTB #100 CBCS cert 9.8 sold sold for $260 which is by FAR the highest price achieved. Not sure, but you may want to adjust if you were looking to sell.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I was tempted by this book. I just didn’t have it in me. Awesome cover.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I presume that's an auction at mcs. Probably 2 bidders with more money than brains. And I would think that there were also sleeper auctions that didn't perform well at all.

When people do stupid things in either direction, it's too bad the figures can't get "tossed out" as outliers, not based in reality, not left to influence the more grounded trends.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! I'm still the leader on your Inhumans 1 9.6. Can't really figure out why, I'm assuming I will be taken out soon. Also expecting to be taken out on Omega Men 3 soon.
@HeinzDad Inhumans 1 has a beautiful yellow cover by the way!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Never mind, it's mine now. Way too cheap, $114.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m looking to buy raw to have toys. You have provoked me though sir, I’ll check that out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Never mind, it's mine now. Way too cheap, $114.
Yeah I went to log in and got this email. Good score, I would have bid it up a few bucks at least.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Somebody needs to take me out on that Omega Men 3 9.8, first Lobo. Last two CGC went for $220 and $240, I'm winning at $155.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - It was actually my first Conan the Barbarian purchase back in the day and I had grand aspirations of someday filling in #1 - 99. But life happened and other decisions became reality.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oops, I thought the Omega Men 3 was ending tonight, but it has 2 more days to go. That's why I haven't been bid up yet.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
..it's too bad the figures can't get "tossed out" as outliers, not based in reality, not left to influence the more grounded trends.

I get what you're saying but how do recognize the difference between an outlier sale and a more grounded trend? How do values in books increase if you throw out increased sales values as outliers?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller - Congrats! While I am a little surprised it that low, I am not in the least butt hurt as it went to a CBCS forum member. I have to say I am flabbergasted by CtB 100 at $260. That is a record for this comic by CBCS or cgc. @sborock another record for one of your certified comics!
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@HeinzDad - It was actually my first Conan the Barbarian purchase back in the day and I had grand aspirations of someday filling in #1 - 99. But life happened and other decisions became reality.

I can still make that a reality for you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I just dropped a bid on something... HHHHMMMMMM....
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I almost bid on the Werewolf by Night #1 in the MCS auction tonight, but I think it is the WORST looking 9.0 that I have ever seen.
Post 15 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
..it's too bad the figures can't get "tossed out" as outliers, not based in reality, not left to influence the more grounded trends.

I get what you're saying but how do recognize the difference between an outlier sale and a more grounded trend? How do values in books increase if you throw out increased sales values as outliers?

Maybe there could be a probationary period for any sale that deviates more than X% from the norm, up or down. Like a "not proven" status. If a few other sales follow suit, the number is validated, and incorporated into the data set as real.

Several similar data points IS a trend. One crazy bid while intoxicated from liquor purchased with a $600 check is not.
Post 16 IP   flag post
A 9.8 Star Wars 3 and 5 are both going for $400 plus
Post 17 IP   flag post
@esaravo - oh yeah, let me buy back that 100 again, lol. You know I downsizing, so stop teasing me.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Don't worry Rich, I have another #100 (or two). And I am only half joking/teasing (I need to downsize too).
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Maybe there could be a probationary period for any sale that deviates more than X% from the norm, up or down. Like a "not proven" status. If a few other sales follow suit, the number is validated, and incorporated into the data set as real.

Several similar data points IS a trend. One crazy bid while intoxicated from liquor purchased with a $600 check is not.
Just clowning around but I could do a cartwheel when my carrier brings me said book.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I almost bid on the Werewolf by Night #1 in the MCS auction tonight, but I think it is the WORST looking 9.0 that I have ever seen.

I was thinking the same thing. Way too many spine ticks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I was thinking the same thing. Way too many spine ticks.

Bottom right corner is destroyed too.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
One crazy bid while intoxicated from liquor purchased with a $600 check

Sounds like crazy comic prices get made the same way that babies get made.
Post 23 IP   flag post
598060 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?