Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s mine. I’d like to upgrade to an 8.0 (minimum) this year. But being in the “low grade is better than no grade” camp already, it’s a bit of a lower priority than a couple other things on my list.

Post 26 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

I’m in the “don’t press/regrade” camp. It could come back an 8.0.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this circa mid-90's at a small show at StonyBrook University, NY called "ICON".
Been anxious to get it graded, but I am waiting for conventions to open again so that I can do a one-on-one handoff to an individual at CBCS.
I just can't bring myself to send something of this value in the mail... particularly these days. I'm aware of purchasing extra insurance, but I still can't do it in my head.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciation Thread I’m in

Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder You win!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
@Pre_Coder You win!!!

LOL... this was back in my ASM hoarding days before I switched to Pre-Code Horror.

Whenever my LCS landed a 129, he wouldn't even display it. He just threw it in my box.
Post 34 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder wow!!! awesome!!!! great books!!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Pre_Coder wow!!! awesome!!!! great books!!

Thanks, GAC. I had the opportunity to acquire more copies, but I rejected them due to the covers. And it was around that time when PCH won my heart.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, the Pacific Coast Highway has some nice scenery in some spots
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:

And there are some spots....
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

@Siggy - to elaborate,... back in 1981, my girlfriend and I packed our bags, and traveled in my '78 Firebird Formula to CA. Then traveled the PCH north (1 or 101, can't remember), but it was a very scenic drive. Went through Oregon to Washington. My main objective was to visit Tacoma WA where I was born,... at an Army hospital in Pierce County. What beautiful country and greenery. But my gosh,.. blue skies, without any clouds, and it would start raining without any notice. LOL
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@Siggy - to elaborate,... back in 1981, my girlfriend and I packed our bags, and traveled in my '78 Firebird Formula to CA. Then traveled the PCH north (1 or 101, can't remember), but it was a very scenic drive. Went through Oregon to Washington. My main objective was to visit Tacoma WA where I was born,... at an Army hospital in Pierce County. What beautiful country and greenery. But my gosh,.. blue skies, without any clouds, and it would start raining without any notice. LOL

I figured something very similar, just 'R' rated, so I let it go LOL
Post 40 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What beautiful country and greenery. But my gosh,.. blue skies, without any clouds, and it would start raining without any notice. LOL

Oregon coast has some seriously unpredictable mood weather. It's a great spot to sit near a fireplace with a book and cocktail in hand and watch the weather through a window.
Post 41 IP   flag post
My Mom's backyard had a stairway leading down to the bay in Coos Bay. The room I always stayed in had a balcony with the whole bay in view, and that's where the sun set. Bathed in sunlight and 70 degrees, listening to the surf, breeze, and birds while watching the fishing boats enter the bay was SO relaxing.
I miss everything about that, especially the Mom part.

But yes, ASM 129.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Somebody say ASM 129? I need to get pictures of the rest.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I found this on Comic Art Fans. I think Mike Zeck did a great homage to ASM 129 on the card.

This is me looking at any Mike Zeck Punisher drawing

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I still remember getting mine from the LCS in the city next to ours when I was about 10 or 11. Paid $2.50 for a low/mid grade. I'm still happy to have it.
Post 45 IP   flag post
597993 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?