Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Strange Academy 1 Walmart13517

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88 noted
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
<3
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@jddtjd123 - I was at Walmart today and checked the variants and hoped I would see some Symbiote Spider-man #1's with a chance to get that sketch cover. There were two different color choices, but neither had the jackpot inside. The green logo shows printed in 2019 by Quad Graphics, the red printed by Fry Communications in 2020, and it has the silver back cover that says variant edition. I don't see anywhere in or on either book that would let anybody know that they are Walmart exclusives. Would it be the Land/D'Armata cover that distinguishs it from the many other versions?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The books them selves do not specify other than the manufacture. Quad, Fry, and one other company (can’t remember the name) are 3 that I know of that print Walmart exclusives. CPG designates them Walmart variants and will designate color changes as A, B, etc.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector jddtjd123 private msg quote post Address this user
The one I got my sketch in was the red one
Post 105 IP   flag post

Or where you talking about the strange academy
Post 106 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @HulkSmash for my copy. It came in a mylar and fullback like triple enveloped with mailer. Bonus books were added as well and you didn't get angered I solicited you when you offered them to someone else!
Post 107 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad wait.. that wasn’t you?!🤬 JK
Post 108 IP   flag post
Im jealous
Post 109 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Im jealous
PM him @Terry88. I don't own a copy of the book period, so a grade wasn't important, even though it looks pretty (.)(.)'s.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Picked up 3 more. Looks like I’m hoarding these now.

Copies not in grading. I have yet to read this

Post 111 IP   flag post
!!!!!!

I actually read the trade this weekend. I really enjoyed it.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a couple of the Star Wars High Republic Wal-Mart packs this weekend, and a Planet of the Symbiotes pack.

If anyone is interested, I have pics of the books included in each pack posted at: http://collectorsyndicate.com/star-wars-high-republic-wal-mart-variant/

Post 113 IP   flag post
@ggovel you may want to pick up a Gwenon vs Carnage. It may be one the market goes nuts for. I can give spoilers
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@ggovel you may want to pick up a Gwenon vs Carnage. It may be one the market goes nuts for. I can give spoilers

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be on the lookout!
Post 115 IP   flag post
I stopped by 4 Walmarts on my way home from work today. I was happy to pick up 3 more Strange Academy blue, a white Spider-Verse, 2 Artgerm Captain Marvels, A purple Venow 25, 2 Eternals, and 4 Gwenom vs Carnage. Pretty good haul, and also ended up with 21 lenticular covers amongst all of the 3 packs I picked up. Does anybody know if any of the lenticulars are hotter than the others? I got an Iron Fist 14, a Giant Size X-Men 1, some Hero for Hire 1's, and several different Amazing Spider-man's.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@Donnied I have haven’t seen any data to support a “hot” lenticular. I listed a bunch I had on eBay at cover price with not bites. I had about 30 I ended up unloading at half price books for pennies 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash - That sucks, but thanks for the info.
Post 118 IP   flag post
@Terry88 pm’d
Post 119 IP   flag post
😊😊😊

Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I get for living in an area with no Walmart...great grabs everyone!!! If anyone is willing to let go of one of those copies of Strange Academy let me know!!!
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheComicGuy
This is what I get for living in an area with no Walmart...great grabs everyone!!! If anyone is willing to let go of one of those copies of Strange Academy let me know!!!

Just got a red 9.8 back and have a red 9.6. I also have a few raw Blue.
Post 122 IP   flag post
So CBCS is designating print #s on these Walmart books. Venom 25 purple came back as 5th printing and Spider-verse white came back as 3rd printing. No designation on Strange Academy. I suppose they are sorting this out amongst themselves and will designate other Walmart variants in the future.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Well, if a 9.8 blue creeps into anyone's possession... wink wink
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
Well, if a 9.8 blue creeps into anyone's possession... wink wink
it’s creeping; don’t worry
Post 125 IP   flag post
<3
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I need find them Walmart Star Wars High Republics.. :/
Post 127 IP   flag post
Eddie the collector guy i have a bunch of the strange acadmeys i can let one go
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I need find them Walmart Star Wars High Republics.. :/
I may have 1. I’ll let you know
Post 129 IP   flag post
600893 129 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?