Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Error book????13501

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I found this book not in high grade but the foil seems to be missing the dark red on the cover front and back.

What you all think? I think it’s an error.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
No error. I thought the same for my copy. Mine has almost no red. I came to the conclusion of Fading after seeing multiple examples of online sales and other chromium covers. The deciding factor is the valiant logo and other colors that use red.

If it were an error the Logo, browns, oranges, skin tones would all be missing red.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Sun faded.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Sun faded.

I thought of that but it’s not. It’s the same way front and back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
No error. I thought the same for my copy. Mine has almost no red. I came to the conclusion of Fading after seeing multiple examples of online sales and other chromium covers. The deciding factor is the valiant logo and other colors that use red.

If it were an error the Logo, browns, oranges, skin tones would all be missing red.

Perhaps the red they used was faulty on some of the books. Mine has no red at all. It’s pink and darker pink. Picture doesn’t do it justice for color. Lol

If you don’t mind if you got one like it could you share? Thanks buddy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
It might be helpful if you had photos of the "normal" and the "error" next to each other to compare, front and back.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Perhaps the red they used was faulty on some of the books. Mine has no red at all. It’s pink and darker pink. Picture doesn’t do it justice for color. Lol

If you don’t mind if you got one like it could you share? Thanks buddy.

Slight bits of red on front and can see the fade to back cover.

My landfill copy.

Post 7 IP   flag post
600813 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?