CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Latest CGC grading video - restoration13419

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Video #2

https://youtu.be/Sn4SYj7URWU
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a CGC fan but did find this video interesting. Thank you for sharing it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the video but couldn't help thinking that perhaps they're only posting this now because they're being sued by restorationists?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
I liked the video but couldn't help thinking that perhaps they're only posting this now because they're being sued by restorationists?

Where did you hear that? I couldn't find anything on that topic. Curious to dee what leagl standing they would have on it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's been ongoing for a couple of years but looks like it'll go to trial early next year.

Here's a link.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's an interesting theory. Have no idea of the relevance, but watching that video I had to laugh given my recollection of the pre-CGC Matt Nelson in his north Texas location inspecting my raw copy of Phantom Lady #17 while eating a ham sandwich. I'm not begrudging his need for a lunch break as we arrived early, but that ham sandwich visual torments me to this day; it's permanently etched in my memory.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

That's an interesting theory. Have no idea of the relevance, but watching that video I had to laugh given my recollection of the pre-CGC Matt Nelson in his north Texas location inspecting my raw copy of Phantom Lady #17 while eating a ham sandwich. I'm not begrudging his need for a lunch break as we arrived early, but that ham sandwich visual torments me to this day; it's permanently etched in my memory.

I love that so much. Next time I send a book to CCS I'll ask them to hold the mayo.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's been ongoing for a couple of years but looks like it'll go to trial early next year.

Thanks. Interesting. Unless CGC really bad mouthed them and they can prove it, I doubt they have a leg to stand on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
Are those the same hands that ripped through that superman #1 in the video that circulated last year?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder why only 2 of my 8 books I got back from them a couple days ago had grader notes? Kind of pissed me off.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Deleted because of duplicate post.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPop
Quote:

Thanks. Interesting. Unless CGC really bad mouthed them and they can prove it, I doubt they have a leg to stand on.

The court docs included emails between CGC and Heritage Auctions, bad mouthing them without anything to back up their claims
Post 12 IP   flag post
598086 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?