Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping that you guys can share your thoughts on the grade of this book:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402577436711
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 - but my opinion is worthless, not to be trusted
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can see a non-color breaking crease in the cover when you look at opened cover picture.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
what is going on with the bottom of the pages? Is that foxing?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I would call it light tanning based on the picture.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
That's being offered by Silver Valley Comics, as it says in the description. This is the same company that was outed on the "other" boards as selling comics purported to come from Dad's collection, purchased off the newsstands, stored away, etc. Turned out you could see where these comics were purchased as 9.0 graded copies weeks or months earlier, pressed, cleaned, photo-shopped or "creative" photography employed to hide defects. Sold as raw 9.6-9.8's, and got higher sold prices than graded copies. It was all hype. Likely this comic is following a similar path, not from their "personal collection". Presume something is amiss.

Says they are a collector, not a dealer. Then has dealer info.

Listing says no refunds, description says refunds.

For further info, read my post here (with link to original thread): https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/13176/page/1/the-incredible-hulk-181/#6
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say 7.5 - 8.0.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever you think it might be, drop it a grade because of the dealer.

It presents well in those photos but I'm guessing 7.5
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I think 7.0 - press will make it a nicer 7.0

Seller says, "CGC This!" LOL That will probably score you an 8.5
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The tanning on the lower part of the book will probably result in a cream to off-white page quality designation. The description mentions a “small chip” but doesn’t really point it out or even try to show it clearly in the pictures. I think it’s along the spine at the chains near Wolverine’s right arm. Overall the book presents well, but to call it “high grade” seems to be a stretch, since most collectors assume that high grade books from this time period are 9.0 or better. I would guess around 7.0/7.5 to be safe. And I definitely do not get the feeling that the seller is being totally honest, either in the book’s description or by deliberately not showing the area of the spine that appears to have a defect.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The scan of the back of the book looks funny. Mis-cut?

I see interior back cover tanning. Also that back scan of the book again - dust shadow bottom and partially up the spine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
The scan of the back of the book looks funny. Mis-cut?

I see interior back cover tanning. Also that back scan of the book again - dust shadow bottom and partially up the spine.

All those pictures look funny.
Post 12 IP   flag post
so the end game here is it looks NM with a quick glance or cell phone browse. Once you get to the nitty gritty thing is probably 6.5

run for zee hills!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I am not convinced that all the pics are from the same book. The non color breaking fold you see on the inside front cover is not at all on the front cover pics. The angles and manner in which he took the pics would suggest he wants to divert attention away from the flaws. The bottom right front cover is showcased very well as clean, flat and crease-free, but it is there in the pic of the first page. Could be a trick of light or slight of hand. Either way, it seems very fishy without more pics.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@DrWatson What you said....
Post 15 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 - there is a crease on the bottom right of inside front cover like mentioned, but doesn't show on outside front cover; spine stress lines. Front and back cover tanning. And I agree, seems like a mashup of different comics.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Don't do it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley No plan on that book for myself. The auction didn’t seem right to me and guys confirmed my suspicions.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
6.0 stay away my 2 cents worth
Post 19 IP   flag post
600497 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?