Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL 2020 week 12 picks and discussion13411

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm posting this early for 2 reasons. First, we have 3 games on Thursday starting at 12:30 EST. Second, I am going to probably be engrossed in a miniseries on FX tonight and may forget about posting this after. I'll make sure zdoes10's summary gets posted here after it's complete.

Post 1 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I’ll drop the spreadsheet here for you after the game tonight.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations to Lonestar for the win.

to JABBERWOOKIE, PRE_CODER, FLANDERS, Michaelekrupp, JESSE_O, CBPI, KatKomics, Studley Dudley for braking even.

The rest of us have to get our crystal balls fixed

Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

That's supposed to be a dead turkey.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Lets see if I can do better this week:

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Let me just say that I hate Tampa Bay and here are my picks...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh, last week was my worst week. Fingers crossed this week is better!

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@ShallaBal Looks like you and I are in lockstep this week 👍.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
BAL vs PIT moved from Thursday to Sunday due to COVID with the Ravens. Are we allowed to mention COVID and coronavirus on the forum now? It was verboten before.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
BAL vs PIT moved from Thursday to Sunday due to COVID with the Ravens. Are we allowed to mention COVID and coronavirus on the forum now? It was verboten before.

It gets mentioned on occasion, and some will substitute it with - ie: due to quarantine. Mentioning it is one thing, but discussing it is another. When it get's discussed online (on this forum for example) it generally winds up turning into a debate/blame party free-for-all iced with insults and harassment.

@Studley when you mentioned Bal vs Pit was moved from Thurs to Sun, my first thought was, "Crap,.. now what excuse am I gonna have for a 6 pack of Corona on Thurs"? I scrolled up and looked at the Pickem chart and noticed there are still 2 other games that day. I totally forgot tomorrow was Thanksgiving. I can be such a dunce!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector cbpi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Studley_Dudley I do not see your picks for this week.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'll get them posted in a few minutes. Sorry!
Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
At least for one play, the Lions hit 'em with the ol' razzle dazzle.

Post 22 IP   flag post
At about 8:10 3rd quarter,.. that sure looked like a Detroit catch at the 1 foot line, but refs called incomplete. Am I missing something?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
At about 8:10 3rd quarter,.. that sure looked like a Detroit catch at the 1 foot line, but refs called incomplete. Am I missing something?

I agree, when I saw it, I thought it was a catch, fumble, and Stanford recovered it in the end zone.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Quote:

I agree, when I saw it, I thought it was a catch, fumble, and Stanford recovered it in the end zone.

That's exactly what I saw. Detroit coach even through the red towel to challenge the call. Refs had numerous replays at different angles, but the ruling stands. That's just messed up!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Washington - 41
Dallas - 16

HELL YEAH!

Yes, I picked Dallas for the win because they always seem to have Washington's number, especially on Thanksgiving. But the Redskin's defense was cookin'. And Alex Smith, who was near death 2 years ago due to busted leg, bacterial infection, 16 surgeries, almost a leg amputation,... no turkey leg for him,.. he deserves the entire feast!

And Jerry Jones was sitting up there in his booth pounding his fist. I wonder who's gonna be the new head coach for Dallas next season. LMAO
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Washington - 41
Dallas - 16

HELL YEAH!

Yes, I picked Dallas for the win because they always seem to have Washington's number, especially on Thanksgiving. But the Redskin's defense was cookin'. And Alex Smith, who was near death 2 years ago due to busted leg, bacterial infection, 16 surgeries, almost a leg amputation,... no turkey leg for him,.. he deserves the entire feast!

And Jerry Jones was sitting up there in his booth pounding his fist. I wonder who's gonna be the new head coach for Dallas next season. LMAO

I am going to keep my mouth shut and take my lumps on this one.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ravens vs Steelers moved to Tuesday
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ravens vs Steelers moved to Tuesday

@Studley - Thanks for the update. I'm glad the game was moved, because after a few brews and Thanksgiving dinner, I crashed after the Washington/Dallas game. I really don't care for either team (Ravens/Steelers), but personally I like seeing the Ravens get their ass handed to them.

#fingerscrossed
Post 29 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I no longer have to look at Patricia on sundays anymore. When he wears Honolulu blue it kind of just looks like a blue tarp.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598062 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?