Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Grading Question13216

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Hope you all are doing well. Can a remarked book still receive a yellow label (Signature Series) with NO signature? The reason I asked was because on Tyler Kirkham's website, it shows that the book would be signed and remarked.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If the book is witnessed then most likely yes. Art cannot be verified so if it was not witnessed by an AW then no
Post 2 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Thanks. The reason I asked was because on Tyler Kirkham's website, it shows that the book would be signed and remarked.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
are you asking because you are planning on crossing the book over to CBCS? Unfortunately CBCS does not honor CGC Signatures dated 2019 and later due to changes in CGCs witnessing policies. It would not qualify as a CBCS Witnessed signature and without a signature there will be nothing they can verify

If you were just wondering whether the book was legitimate, I imagine CGC’s policy on sketches without signatures would be similar to (presumably) CBCS in that as long as it is witnessed it is fine to go on the label
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like he forgot to sign cover A, looking at cover B. It says “signed” right in the label.

Witness was t paying attention...neither was the CGV person in charge of checking for a signature...unless hey thought the one printed on the cover was the signature...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks you all. They came graded that way. I'm honestly a CBCS guy. I'm going to continue supporting CBCS.I have many many many more comics coming towards CBCS to get graded in the near future. Stay Tuned!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
The cover a looks like it might have been signed UNDER the sketch; just in front of Venom’s neck/throat.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@cyrano0521 Nope. That's not a signature.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, man, he forgot to sign it? Wow. That's pretty careless.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid I really don't know if that is the case with just mine or other people's as well. I'll just have to wait to see. I'm watching out for another one to see if it will have the same issue as mine. Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
598062 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?