Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Favorite Silver Age Cover 1959 to 196913163

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I have way too many covers that I like. A lot of those covers have already been posted.
I do like the flash 123 cover and it was a pleasant surprise to see the scene done by actors in the flash tv show.

I'd like to meet a competent artist that can imitate carmine style and do a homage cover but with Barry Allen flash as the innocent bystander on the ground. Not put in a girder falling. And have reverse flash on one side and Zoom on the right hand side saying ' I'll kill the Flash ' and the other one saying ' No I'll kill the flash '. Maybe look at doing that when the conventions start up in my area.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Sorry, @DrWatson... didn't mean to derail your cover thread by talking Spectre and Deadman. 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Discussion welcome.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Since X-Men 50 was already posted I will go with this classic:

Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

I bid on one in a recent auction but someone else just wanted it more.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I had a hard time choosing between this one and Cap #100. I decided on this one purely because I like the colors better.

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector jbud73 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker

+1
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector jbud73 private msg quote post Address this user
And this one.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Always liked the Kirby/Ayers SA monster covers, especially the awesome Taboo Returns...

Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my entree. Its always been one of my all-time favorites.

Post 34 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Let's try this again, this a book I just got but have always loved the cover so I was proactively looking for this one.

the best part, the boardies that voted for the Batman book cannot take their votes back so I start out ahead of the game, LOL.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I think this cover is so awesome that I am currently looking for one to own, should be before the end of the month. if anyone is selling one pm me and we can talk.

I love that cover too, but it's from 1973 so it's too "new" for this thread's topic.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I suspected as much, after I posted it I was thinking I should've looked it up before posting. Missed it by that much.
Post 37 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You can post it when we do the Bronze Age.
Post 38 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
There are several I thought would be on the list that haven't shown up yet.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@DrWatson me too but maybe our favorites aren't all keys?
Post 40 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 41 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

ASM 50 above and this one are some of my most favorite covers. The one I posted is not mine. Mine is buried somewhere in one of the boxes.
Post 42 IP   flag post
600882 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?