Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Press or no press for higher grade13006

Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be a bit hesitant. The graders notes are not always as they seem with CGC.

For example, I just had a hulk 181 pressed. Here is grading notes. Note I just had this pressed so you would think by reading the notes I'd have the ability to go from 9.6 to 9.8.

I'm pretty sure I maxed out at 9.6.

Comic Description:
Incredible Hulk 181 11/74 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light cover tanning
very light spine stress lines to cover

Pressed, 9.0 and it sounds like It could go to 9.2 but I'm pretty sure its maxed out
Graders notes on 9.0

Comic Description:
Incredible Hulk 181 11/74 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light crease left bottom of front cover
light crease right bottom of front cover
light crease right top of front cover
very light spine stress lines to cover
wear bottom of spine
wear top of spine
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have a hard time believing that only “light creasing to cover” put it at a 7.5. Pressing would fix that though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed with notes sometimes they leave out obvious defects. Kind of makes sense.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I truly don’t know how it came back a 7.5 with those notes. I don’t see color breaks maybe the off white to white pages
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I would. Although I don’t think you can get higher than an 8.5 with the corner color breaks, a bump up to 8.0 would greatly increase the value. It is worth it in my opinion. All the best.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I've noticed with notes sometimes they leave out obvious defects. Kind of makes sense.

I get that, but if I’m buying and paying for notes I would expect more info. The seller could tell me the same thing for free.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash The cgc has stated many times that the notes aren't for the customers. They are written for the graders. It's information written down as the book is evaluated for its given grade. In other words, you'll get what you get and like it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
So bottom line it’s a gamble, has anyone seen them go down?? I don’t think in this case that would happen but who knows I guess. I would like the bump but, still not sure 🤔
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, they go down, even after a press.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider

10/11 of my books sent to CGC for pressing went up

The one that went down was a silver surfer 1 6.5. With white pages. It dropped to 5.5 with off white / white

The 10 other books were graded more than 10 years ago though. The silver surfer was more recent
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@HulkSmash The cgc has stated many times that the notes aren't for the customers. They are written for the graders. It's information written down as the book is evaluated for its given grade. In other words, you'll get what you get and like it.
meh; to hell with the cgc anyway😈
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Amspider

The one that went down was a silver surfer 1 6.5. With white pages. It dropped to 5.5 with off white / white

Two grades and a PQ drop- Ouch! Someone[s] woke up on the wrong side of the subjective bed.
Any idea how far apart the gradings were from each other? Several years?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Amspider

Two grades and a PQ drop- Ouch! Someone[s] woke up on the wrong side of the subjective bed.
Any idea how far apart the gradings were from each other? Several years?

1 serial number lower of original book gives a date of 5/31/2019

Date it was regraded
5/8/2020
Post 16 IP   flag post
598065 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?