Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS COMICS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 3rd 202012537

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Wanted to give you guys an update as we move into August 2020. Sorry, I didn't get around to an update last week, and want to remind everyone that emailing customer service with any issues is the #1 way to go!

Customer service email is: customerservice@cbcscomics.com

Regular Submissions
As we head into August all regular submissions are at a 5-6 week turn around time.

This turn around time is just for basic standard grading and begins the day we receive the books in our offices. This 6 week time will not apply if you have submitted for the following:

1. Pressing
2. Signature Verification - VSP (Adds up to two weeks)
3. CBCS Mail in signings
4. Canadian Submissions (You must Contact Steve Paulus for all Canadian questions)

If your invoice falls into billing or we have an issue with paperwork the turn around time freezes and does not start back up until payment is received, or we speak to the customer and the issue is corrected.

Pressing
Pressing is still behind and we are working on this and hope to have it under control shortly, but that said it will take time.

Canada Issues
All Canada questions and issues need to go to Steve Paulus, and he should be able to assist you.

NEW Cases
We are full production of the new slabs, and the color switch for VSP is complete, and this is now Yellow! So if you are waiting for either, you can send these in as these are in production.

Let me state again, that We are working hard to bring customer service to the level it needs to be for you guys, so please send all issues directly to the customer service email, and someone from the Dallas Office will respond.

Note: EMAILING CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE PREFERED METHOD FOR A QUICK RESPONSE!

If you guys have any questions or other issues I missed please let me know and thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to seeing my books in about 6 weeks and a few reholders for VSP slabs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Any coupons or discount codes for August?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you sir
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update! I’m pretty excited that my order just went into “shipping” this afternoon.

Thanks for your help in alerting me to a couple of issues with my (first) order.
Post 5 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So what do you think the tat would be for a press, vsp, and graded book?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Darryl. Very helpful.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Darryl_H

Food for thought and dumb question:

Would it be beneficial for CBCS to put limits on pressing submissions or a short hiatus from pressing submissions to catch up? Or would you just get flooded again?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Great update! Thank you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Thanks @Darryl_H

Food for thought and dumb question:

Would it be beneficial for CBCS to put limits on pressing submissions or a short hiatus from pressing submissions to catch up? Or would you just get flooded again?

We are actually catching up on the pressing, just sadly the orders in house are not reflecting this as of yet. The new submissions will be back in much less time, and hopefully soon you guys will see it on your end.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Wanted to give you guys an update as we move into August 2020. Sorry, I didn't get around to an update last week, and want to remind everyone that emailing customer service with any issues is the #1 way to go!

Customer service email is: customerservice@cbcscomics.com

Regular Submissions
As we head into August all regular submissions are at a 5-6 week turn around time.

This turn around time is just for basic standard grading and begins the day we receive the books in our offices. This 6 week time will not apply if you have submitted for the following:

1. Pressing
2. Signature Verification - VSP (Adds up to two weeks)
3. CBCS Mail in signings
4. Canadian Submissions (You must Contact Steve Paulus for all Canadian questions)

If your invoice falls into billing or we have an issue with paperwork the turn around time freezes and does not start back up until payment is received, or we speak to the customer and the issue is corrected.

Pressing
Pressing is still behind and we are working on this and hope to have it under control shortly, but that said it will take time.

Canada Issues
All Canada questions and issues need to go to Steve Paulus, and he should be able to assist you.

NEW Cases
We are full production of the new slabs, and the color switch for VSP is complete, and this is now Yellow! So if you are waiting for either, you can send these in as these are in production.

Let me state again, that We are working hard to bring customer service to the level it needs to be for you guys, so please send all issues directly to the customer service email, and someone from the Dallas Office will respond.

Note: EMAILING CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE PREFERED METHOD FOR A QUICK RESPONSE!

If you guys have any questions or other issues I missed please let me know and thank you!
Post 11 IP   flag post
if I submit my old red labels for reholder would they be switched to the yellow labels?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bloodlikefire that question has been asked before and the answer is yes. If you submit the old VSP red labeled slabs for the reholder service, you will get the new slabs and the yellow label. I think there are a LOT of people doing that!!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Bloodlikefire that question has been asked before and the answer is yes. If you submit the old VSP red labeled slabs for the reholder service, you will get the new slabs and the yellow label. I think there are a LOT of people doing that!!!!

This may be dumb question but why would anybody pay to do this? Is there something wrong with the old slab and label?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

This may be dumb question but why would anybody pay to do this? Is there something wrong with the old slab and label?

@Rafel I am doing it on some comics because i think the yellow label will look better like on My X-men 100 . But, as an opposite example, I am also not doing it with my SS #1 because i think the red label looks better.

Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It's actually a great question. There is nothing wrong with the old red slab but folks these days are fickle. And I don't want this to sound demeaning, but they are also more superficial than ever during my lifetime imho.
Colors, type of plastic, label material type, the font on the label, rounded plastic corners, etc... all are superficial, personal taste characteristics. But folks seem to want what they want and they will pay significantly more to obtain what they want.

I own the this 181 and am not selling and not re-holding because that's what I paid CBCS for - to get a grade. Not a color label. Not a crystal clear case. Not Arial label font.
But when one day I do sell, I will probably have it changed to a yellow label and case. Why? Because I know people are indeed superficial and it means alot more $$$ for the seller if turned from red to yellow label + new case. In the end though, its still a Hulk 181 9.6 VSP.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Besides the points that have already been brought up, many people have wanted VSP to be a yellow label since day one. But since red was the only available choice, they got red. So, now that they can get a new slab PLUS the yellow label that they wanted in the first place, they switch it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
... many people have wanted VSP to be a yellow label since day one.

I feel like people like this are the reason participation medals exist.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Your 181 is a prime example. With the colors and tones of that cover, i think a yellow label would blend better and make the cover pop. Kinda like i think the red label does with my silver surfer 1. Now, if i had intentions of selling my SS1, I would probably switch as i do believe that years of collector conditioning would likely lead to a quicker sale at a possible higher price. Looking at these Hellstorms, aesthetically, i think the red label looks best with that cover.
Post 19 IP   flag post

I think my Micheal Turner signed Fathoms will look alot better with yellow labels instead of the red which doesn't go with the blue ocean backgrounds of the comics.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Quote:

It's actually a great question. There is nothing wrong with the old red slab but folks these days are fickle. And I don't want this to sound demeaning, but they are also more superficial than ever during my lifetime imho.
Colors, type of plastic, label material type, the font on the label, rounded plastic corners, etc... all are superficial, personal taste characteristics. But folks seem to want what they want and they will pay significantly more to obtain what they want.

I own the this 181 and am not selling and not re-holding because that's what I paid CBCS for - to get a grade. Not a color label. Not a crystal clear case. Not Arial label font.
But when one day I do sell, I will probably have it changed to a yellow label and case. Why? Because I know people are indeed superficial and it means alot more $$$ for the seller if turned from red to yellow label + new case. In the end though, its still a Hulk 181 9.6 VSP.

Great looking books!!! I guess I kinda understand. That is one nice 181 !!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Are you guys still having troubles with your phone system?

When I dial the customer support number it immediately goes to a message saying 'the person at that extension is not available. Please leave a message' (but I didn't enter an extension, only the number 844-384-4777). I have not received any responses from customer support in over a week regarding billing issues (I called almost two weeks ago asking about it and was told to email instead, as they could not help with billing issues on the phone)
Post 22 IP   flag post
@SauceDog PM SENT
Post 23 IP   flag post
600837 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?