Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Can we send in old CBCS slabs to be re-slabbed with the new Slabs?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, the $10 reslab service will reslab old slabs into the new one, keep the serial number, and also update it to the current label
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Yes and a yellow label to replace the red one if you have any VSP slabs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
cool!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Is the shelf life of the old slabs the same as the new slabs or do I have send them in to be re-slabbed? I have over 1,000 slabs from CBCS and at $10 a re-slab that's gonna really suck!!. The insurance alone will be over the top. Plus, will the serial number be the same? Now I can't sleep.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel - You do not have to re-slab if you don't want to. It has nothing to do with shelf life or need to do it, only aesthetics.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Plus, will the serial number be the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Yes, the $10 reslab service will reslab old slabs into the new one, keep the serial number, and also update it to the current label
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I know this is a CBCS blog, but anyone know the cost of reslabbing a CGC book? Just scored an ASM 101 8.5 but has the old ugly label.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
$15 for CGC. Plus a $5 invoice fee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
How do you spell scam????
Post 10 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop good thing if u ever sell it u prob make that extra $10 back lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
How do you spell scam????

CGC
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
1,000 slabs from CBCS and at $10 a re-slab that's gonna really suck!!

I have no plans of reslabbing anything. It was good enough for me last month, it's good enough for me next month.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Im for sure having all of my CBCS books re-slabbed into the new slabs. Of coarse I only have 10 CBCS slabs.

That said, I have 50 CGC slabs and I really would love to have all of them in the new CBCS slabs as well, but that would require a "Crack and Re-submit"........ Which would be a higher cost ($18 or more for expensive key books)) and would also involve the risk of lower grades.

IF CBCS is ever to close the gap on CGC they need to offer a $10 cross over special to entice people to cross CGC books into their new slab. of coarse the risk of grade change would still apply.

I think it is imperative that CBCS find a way to get some of the silver age key books out of CGC slabs and into their slabs.

I would cross ALL 50 of my CGC slabs, including all key books like my Captain America #100 and Avengers #57 I just acquired, If CBCS ever made it affordable to do so.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
IF CBCS is ever to close the gap on CGC they need to offer a $10 cross over special to entice people to cross CGC books into their new slab.
I think it is imperative that CBCS find a way to get some of the silver age key books out of CGC slabs and into their slabs.

This is an incredibly important point that gets over-looked. Each slab is marketing, they are brand-building for the company that did the slabbing. Anytime you can increase your market share and build your brand awareness at no cost...or in this case at a small profit, it just seems like one of those opportunities that every business should be on the lookout for.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600771 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?