Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Recall the Ditko Package on sale here last year? Seller forged sigs @ CGC.12311

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Forum member, @chameleoncolors, was outed for selling forged Ditko/Lee sigs at the CGC forum.

He was selling items here.
Simply passing on info- Very interesting story. Glad I was only tempted, even if that particular item were legit. Glad he never got a dime off me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
ouch and busted hard too...thanks for posting this Siggy
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Wow....speechless....thanks for sharing this.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for letting me know. Each of those books also had Stan Lee's name on them and those were also called into question. I went through some of his post history here and he has asked about unverified and unwitnessed Stan Lee signatures as well.

If anyone has his eBay account or if he is selling in facebook groups it would be much appreciated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzetta

If anyone has his eBay account or if he is selling in facebook groups it would be much appreciated.

Could it be the same as his CBCS tag?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/chameleoncolors
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/XXXXXXXXX

I had thought of that this morning when I google searched the CBCS name but there is nothing that indicates that the above eBay account has dealt in anything to with comic books except for costumes for children. Given that the Ditko and Lee pieces were shopped around he would be buying and selling them on eBay as well. I went through listing and feedback history of the above account. I am not confident that the above eBay account is tied to this.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/XXXXXXXXX

I had thought of that this morning when I google searched the CBCS name but there is nothing that indicates that the above eBay account has dealt in anything to with comic books except for costumes for children. Given that the Ditko and Lee pieces were shopped around he would be buying and selling them on eBay as well. I went through listing and feedback history of the above account. I am not confident that the above eBay account is tied to this.

Actually if you go back in time he has sold books but of course we cannot see what kind of books

Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah, I saw that. I can't in good faith link that. The seller in question has a history of buying and selling comic book related materials. There is far too many things here outside of comic and toy collection. If there was something more concrete I would include it. The name is too generic to take the chance of ruining a seller's reputation based on what is there.

chameleoncolors seems like a name that is commonly associated... like greentrees or TigerStripes...

If it was something like "chameleoncolors720" or something a little more unique I would have more confidence.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
he's been permanently banned on the CBCS forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
He had a CBCS VSP Ditko signed "Ditko Package #NN" that he showed in his thread.
I'm curious - is that something he just stole an image of from a different owner?

I ask because if he was outed, what about the Verified comic he displayed? That makes me even more uneasy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 It looks like the CBCS VSP book he used was someone else's book. He used it as an example to make his book look more legit. He stated his book was signed by Steve Ditko at the same time as the CBCS VSP'd book he used.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Sweat removed from my brow. Thanks! I was hoping to hear that.
Wow - what a cleverly foul individual
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 For sure....another example of why we need to scrutinize too good to be true opportunities. There was no real reason not to believe this guy but here we are.

There was another boardie here a while ago with Ditko sigs...I think his name was bigjer...I can't remember if he was selling them tho.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That was a fast hand-washing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
He had a CBCS VSP Ditko signed "Ditko Package #NN" that he showed in his thread.
I'm curious - is that something he just stole an image of from a different owner?

I ask because if he was outed, what about the Verified comic he displayed? That makes me even more uneasy.

Checking into this, The CBCS image was an image that was pulled from another owner, and this is stated in the original post thread that chameleoncolors posted back last year.

This is something CBCS will not play around with if anyone is caught trying to forge signatures, and or knowingly passing off fake signatures they will be banned for LIFE, no excuses, 2nd chances, or exceptions.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That was a fast hand-washing.

Like @Darryl_H said, we won't play around with this.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It's the best move. I don't know if the board software allows you guys to see his last visit, but if it's an active account, no one wants him to return.
That said it sounds like he filled his diapers when he got caught, so I imagine he's under a rock right now.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
It's the best move. I don't know if the board software allows you guys to see his last visit, but if it's an active account, no one wants him to return.
That said it sounds like he filled his diapers when he got caught, so I imagine he's under a rock right now.

he has not posted in this forum for more than 1 year
Post 18 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Could be a lurker at this stage of the game.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Here he says that he submitted one signed Ditko book that came back as a 8.0. but says that since then he has sold it. I already passed this information along and CBCS is handling it in the way they see fit. There is no sarcasm there. Thanks to Sigs for remembering and taking the time to let some of us know over on the CGC Boards and thanks to a mod over here (don't know if they want to be named) for addressing it.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/411843-general-discussion-thread-keep-the-other-threads-clean/page/1693/?tab=comments#comment-11271462
Post 20 IP   flag post
601239 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?