Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hello CBCS Community!

So, I run an online store on HipComic. Well, more accurately, my fourteen year old son runs the store. He has posted over 2500 comics to our site and I would just like to see him get some traffic. He does a really good job on grading, I personally think he is too strict, but that's good for everyone else. He has done an outstanding job of taking pictures and for almost all of the ones in recent months, he has listed the cover artist to make it easier for the buyer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I check that site, the prices are way too high. Might give your store a look.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 very cool!!! I only see 3 listings tho.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@GAC Maybe the link was bad. Try this one.

https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I see...

Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73, if your son did half of the work you say he did, he's quite an amazing young man (as I am sure he is). I will check it out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 I hope you try selling on facebook as well. They're a lot of groups out there that I recently discovered. I haven't tried selling yet due to extreme laziness, but I have bought a few things and I enjoy not paying sales taxes while still having the protection of using goods & services through paypal.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

This is what I prefer. Having a lot of problems finding sellers who have what I want at the moment. I have met some good guys though. It is nice talking comics via pms every once and a while. Especially when none of my friends collect.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC, I see everything just fine in fact I Just purchased these 3 comics from @Mountie73's store. I normally look for older books but these were a nice pick up. Thank your son for doing a good job with the store @Mountie73!

Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Well, more accurately, my fourteen year old son runs the store.

Oh man am I jealous. My son is about to turn 14 but he doesn't do anything like this. He teases his sister, chases our little dogs and pokes at his mom...not figuratively, but literally with a stick. I think he comes from a faulty gene pool.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 Nice Job on your hipcomic store. My Store is listed right under yours

BigRedOne1944 HipComicStore
Post 11 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 I know! I thought that was pretty cool.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@flanders I am on facebook and would love to not have the fees. I just don't see that many people following Facebook posts. Might be something I need to try.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 How much are the Facebook fees? I thought Facebook was free to post things.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips No, I'm sorry, I meant I would love to not have the fees that HipComic and Ebay charge. 10% adds up quick!
Post 15 IP   flag post
I just posted these on my shop. Its a 11.5 x 3 bumper sticker that I had made. I thought turned out pretty nice.

If anyone wants one, message me. It's only $5.00 shipped if you get it from me here.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 I get the same as @GAC with only 2 items showing at https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics/?limit=96

However I can see all of @BigRedOne1944 so that's strange.

Congrats to your wee lad btw 👍
Post 17 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan When I click on the link you posted? I see everything. Weird.

Thanks for the input. Maybe another browser? I don't know.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@Mountie73 I get the same as @GAC with only 2 items showing at https://www.hipcomic.com/store/marvelous-comics/?limit=96

However I can see all of @BigRedOne1944 so that's strange.

Congrats to your wee lad btw 👍

I see everything like normal. maybe it is the browser? i use chrome and haven't had any issues with the links.

I also see BigRedOne's store fine.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@sportshort Thanks for your order! My son Zach got it all packed up and it's in the mail! Your tracking number is in HipComic under your order. Thank you very much for the support!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Always happy to help a young entrepreneur and getting comics is a bonus. Thanks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. I’ll save your site. Going out of town for a couple of months and do not want any comic deliveries while I am gone.
Be warned, when my son was about 14, he started researching the values of the long boxes we had, now he is 30 and owns a comic books and collectibles store.
Do what you love.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@doog That actually what he wants to do! We will see how it pans out in the end.
Post 23 IP   flag post
My son, far left and back, with his Boy Scout Troop tonight retiring US Flags from Federal Service. They cut the blue border stars out, and then each stripe in order. After that they place each piece into a fire until ash. Once cooled they collect the ashes and bury them.

He is fourteen years old and will have his Eagle Scout rank within the next six months.

Post 24 IP   flag post
That is awesome. When I was fourteen I was throwing rocks at my neighbors house. (Lol)
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Mountie73 @sportshort Hummmmm....I normally use IE so I tried different browsers (Firefox & Opera) and still can only see two listings. Not sure if it’s something to do with me being across the other side of the pond or not which it shouldn’t but its definitely strange.

ps...glad others can see you though 👍
Post 26 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan , have you tried chrome? just for the fun of it. I admit, i tried different browsers myself and had no trouble so it is weird.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Mountie73 @sportshort Hummmmm....I normally use IE so I tried different browsers (Firefox & Opera) and still can only see two listings. Not sure if it’s something to do with me being across the other side of the pond or not which it shouldn’t but its definitely strange.

ps...glad others can see you though 👍
no issues with Safari on iPhone.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@sportshort Just this second tried it and they say the luck of the Irish ……..I must have been a naughty lad somewhere along the line
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort Just this second tried it and they say the luck of the Irish ……..I must have been a naughty lad somewhere along the line

Sucks dude.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601362 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?