CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The old debate...Giant size 1 vs Hulk 181....12286

Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics yes sir Kat. Exactly what I did
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

If you are looking at nostalgia then I suggest that you buy Paw Patrol toys, buy x-box and play station games, pokemon cards, legos, and dinosaur related items. Those are what kids spend their time with today like children in the past used to spend their time reading comics.

I think the biggest flaw in comics is that the publishers forgot that they used to be written for children and adults. They got away from that and we have a gap in which a generation or two of children did not consume comics. They have become almost an afterthought.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
My son who has a collectibles store believes old video games have been his most profitable items lately, although he has done well with Pokémon, Magic, etc, and always comics.
Expensive key comics are gold to hold however, and still sell easily. He knows to stash the best of the best that trickles through his fingers for 30 years if possible. It’s fun to speculate what a 9.8 Batman Adventures 12 For instance might be worth in 30 years.
I was in his store when a GSX 1 walked in (With a Tales to Astonish 13) to be purchased for pretty cheap. I could have bought it, still kick myself over that and a 8.5 181 I could have snagged from him.
Damned hind sight
Post 153 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@doog I was wondering why your son isn't on the forum here offering his books to us. But I guess none of the good stuff would ever get past you.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I find it quite interesting that you say any debate will "devolve" regarding characters people are fond of. In reality, boardies such as ganasoth, drchaos, X51, myself and there are others, only devolved debates seem to have you as the common element. Coincidence? Again, take your own advice on keeping your emotions and irrationalities in check. 🍻

Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I dont see it as an ouch.
I think if anything the post reflects on the person who made it and their own character and how they operate.
Post 156 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I call it as I see it.....and theres no denying the common element at the high # of thread locks and suspensions.
Post 157 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Suspensions occur because folks cant control their behavior.

Im not taking sides, but I find it somewhat peculiar that adults old enough to participate in discussions cant back out and just ignore topics that irk them.

Sure, I'm guilty and I get sucked into threads occasionally, but in general, why come back for more? Just stop communicating when you are frustrated. Hard to argue with someone not communicating.

Sometimes getting the last word in is not worth the aggravation and just skipping the more spirited "debates" let's the day go by much easier.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 159 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just stop communicating when you are frustrated. Hard to argue with someone not communicating.

Sometimes getting the last word in is not worth the aggravation and just skipping the more spirited "debates"

Suspensions can also occur when the other party is purposefully fanning the flames of the conversation. Where one is intentionally goading the other to the point where they tell him to go F himself.

Stopping to communicate is a two way street. I dont want anything to do with this guy but how many times can one let jabs and insults pass? The title of this thread includes the word debate but this guy is not interested in debate...a free exchange of ideas...he's interested in people agreeing with him....and if they don't he considers it a personal attack. We have to be careful conversing with people like this because he'll turn what should be a normal conversation into something you did wrong and ill-intend which ofcourse is BS.

I have no interest in having the last word...in fact I let him have the last word more than once...but should he also have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th last word?

Just look at this guys track record of thread locks and arguments he's at the center of...you'll never convince me its everyone else and not him.
Post 160 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I just ignore the folks that annoy me. If not, think about how much power you give them over your own life.

You realize there are folks that live to incite aggravation right? They thrive on the chaos and if you feed into it, not only do they get the last word, they took away your self worth.

Trust me there are folks on this board I despise. But I try to just avoid them and dwell on the kind and informative folks. (Thankfully they are more plentiful)

Not to say I dont slip occasionally, but I try not to give anyone that much power over my own self worth.

Anyway, I'm not trying to preach. Just trying to encourage you to see things from a different perspective.
Post 161 IP   flag post
@Bronte Those are wise words for sure...and I agree wholeheartedly with you but sometimes there's a presence that thrives a little too much, gleefully causing chaos and needs to be called out on it.

But ofcourse, you do speak the truth.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I already own the Hulk 181 in a 5.5. I bought it in 2016, and considered upgrading to a 7.5 or 8.0 when I was getting ready to come off my sandbox trip in 2018. I looked at sold prices and figured something was up. So I said forget it. I'm not going to pretend like I'm going to buy another Hulk 181 because I don't really collect Hulk books. I have an unfilled short box and that's really where it ends. X-Men on the other hand, is right up my alley. I grew up with the show, and reading the Jim Lee drawn comics that pulled me in. It would be cool to have an IH 181 in a 9.2, but I'd rather have the GSX1 in a 9.4 (actual goal of mine). If I were looking to "invest" in either of these books, the Hulk 181 would probably be my choice. Two extremely popular characters duking it out on the cover, and the red background helps it pop a little bit to me. That's not to say that GSX1 doesn't pop. A clean white cover and significant first appearances of some popular X-Men. I don't invest in comics nor do I buy into the hype trains or the profiteering on certain issues because there's a bullshit first appearance in it or it has a J Scott Campbell cover. That said, I do view certain comics as worthy of investing in, and these two would fit that description. As far as which to invest in, my money is on Hulk and I would be more inclined to part with it easier because it means less to me.
Post 163 IP   flag post
601333 163 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?