Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver Age

EMOTIONALLY DESIRABLE??12160

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been buying, selling, trading, saving, collecting, hoarding, and fantasizing over key Silver and Bronze since 1975. I’ve been very fortunate to obtain a large majority of the heavy keys. But I need some purely random advice whether my next book should be a Cerebus 1 in about a 6.0 or a Showcase 9 in about a 4.5. One will cost virtually the same As the other. Neither fills a hole or completes a run. I like the idea of having either of them equally. I’m just curious as to which one the masses would choose. (No links or pics because I don’t have a specific copy in mind.) My approximate valuation is based on finding an “off white to white OR off white” pages copy of either. It’s just a matter of which copy seems more emotionally desirable to collectors in general.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Showcase, but I was never a fan of the Aardvark type book. What floats your own boat is always the way to go
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Same as Doog. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Fun deciding anyway.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Showcase, all the way
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
See..I would buck the trend and go for Cerebus!! Only up to volume 6 and I understand things go off later - but so far so good!!

I have a bunch of early books signed by Mr Sim and of course this!!

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Let the past market be your guide
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Even though I am friends with Dave and love Cerebus, I would go for the Showcase.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598024 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?