Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

5 Random Questions......12119

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!
This is exactly how it sounds.
1) what was the first movie you remember ever seeing?
2) who was your favorite GI Joe character?
3) what comic book in your collection holds the most sentimental value and why?
4) If they made a remake (or sequel) to Jim Henson’s Labyrinth who would you have play David Bowie’s part (Antagonist), and who would you have play Jennifer Connelly’s part (Protagonist)?
5) what skill or talent do you not have that you wish you did have?
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
1) Candleshoe

2) Zartan

3) Fantastic Four 186. The first comic book I bought.

4) I have no opinion.

5) If ands and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
1.A Christmas story
2.Didnt play with GiJoes
3.Amazing Spider-man 6 8.5 CGC (started my collecting of comics as an adult after having a copy stolen by a "friend"
4. Never saw film
5. I wish I had the ability to be assertive. (Personality leans heavily into passivity)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
1. About 1963 I saw a movie on my grandparents TV that had a giant robot stomping down a city street, I have never found out what movie it was, but it always stuck with me.

2. Don’t follow GI Joe, but my son has one of the original dolls , I liked looking at Barbie

3. Justice League 3 Superman logo 1987. I did not collect then but my brother convinced me to go buy as many as I could off the rack,I got 5, then he showed me how to send them in for grading, about 2005 or so, the only comics I owned. I got a 9.2, a 9.4, (2) 9.6 and a 9.8 which I still have.
I started collecting around then.

4. Jennifer Connelly is still hot in Snowpiercer, use her, (rear to rear)

5. Grew up around Doctors, I would enjoy doing a surgery, something simple.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
1) Clash of the Titans
2) Zartan
3) Hulk Annual #14 & first sad comic I ever read.
4) Can't replace Bowie or Jennifer.
5) Ability to know what stocks to buy & sell.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
1) Probably Blackbeard's Ghost at a drive-in with my parents and sister when I was 8.
2) Joe - I had the original toys (if you mean in the live action movies - Scarlet)
3) All of the ones I bought as a kid, which is why it's sometimes hard to get rid of them. Can't think of any that I'd want to be buried/cremated with me right now.
4) Cillian Murphy, Scarlett Estevez (Lucifer)
5) It would be cool to play a guitar (but I can juggle pretty good as a hidden talent).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
1. Phantasm
2. Snake-eyes
3. Spawn 1
4. not sure
5. I would like to feel human emotions. shrink says i only micmic what i have seen others display and have no real emotions of my own
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Hello all!
This is exactly how it sounds.
4) If they made a remake (or sequel) to Jim Henson’s Labyrinth who would you have play David Bowie’s part (Antagonist), and who would you have play Jennifer Connelly’s part (Protagonist)?
Valley of the Gwangi
none, did not watch G I Joe
New Gods 7
Long story ive told many times
Never saw the movie and wouldn't care.
Being invisible
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
1) Pink Panther Strikes Again
2) Duke or Hawk (it's been so long I had to google them - LOL)
3) WARP #5 (1983) It was my intro to indie comics
4) Benedict Cumberbatch and Nicole Kidman
5) I'd love to be able to play an instrument. Either electric bass guitar or harmonica (before anyone laughs - both Johnny Cash and Ozzy played the harmonica. I suppose Ozzy still does.).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
1. Transformers the Movie
2. Flint
3. Amazing Spider-Man 328. First comic read.
4. Never saw it.
5. Some understanding of the stock market.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
1. Commando - "I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I am very hungry!"
2. Dusty
3. Spawn 1 - still in awful condition and faded from leaving it in the sun when I was a kid.
4. In a long list of movies that should never be remade.
5. Even the slightist artistic ability.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user
1.short circuit or batman beyond I muddle them together I had them both on VHS in my room.
2. too young to catch any GI Joe on tv
3. Xmen 123, gift from a close friend and it was my first real Xmen book, I had read the mall online prior.
4. I wont entertain the idea of David Bowie being replaced for a millisecond. and Labyrinth shouldn't be remade.
5.I wish I could draw better or had put some time in drawing, my skills are more computer/illustrator based and logo design and whatnot, I cant draw very well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
1. Phantasm
2. Snake-eyes
3. Spawn 1
4. not sure
5. I would like to feel human emotions. shrink says i only micmic what i have seen others display and have no real emotions of my own

For what it's worth, at some point, I think you will. Nobody is completely devoid of emotion. My shrink used to say I was the most manipulative person she ever met. I stay in a neutral state most of the time and get others to feel my emotions for me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Danomang private msg quote post Address this user
1. Lone Wolf Mc Quade
2. Quick Kick
3. Marvel Saga #1
4. Russel Brand and Bobbye Brown
5. Musical talent of any kind
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danomang

1. Lone Wolf Mc Quade
2. Quick Kick
3. Marvel Saga #1

That and Code of Silence are my favorite Chuck Norris films.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
1) First time I ever went to a movie theater was to see Star Wars. It was 1979, but a local theater had brought it back.
2) Joe - Roadblock Cobra - Destro
3) Amazing Spiderman 181. My parents got me a small stack of comics before my memory. That was one of them and started my love for Spiderman because it retold his origin. Essentially, I've literally had that book for my entire living memory.
4) No opinion
5) I wish I could draw and I wish I could play the guitar well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danomang

1. Lone Wolf Mc Quade
2. Quick Kick
3. Marvel Saga #1

That and Code of Silence are my favorite Chuck Norris films.

I like "Silent Rage." Excellent action/horror Chuck Norris movie!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth never seen it, I'll have to check it out.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@flanders it's the only movie I seen Chuck Norris get whooped when he's playing a good guy. The Way of the Dragon he was considered a bad guy.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0084684/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
1) Horror Express
2) GI Joe?
3) Spirit 22 7.0, as I've been a lifelong Eisner fan
4)N/A
5) Play guitar
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
1. About 1963 I saw a movie on my grandparents TV that had a giant robot stomping down a city street, I have never found out what movie it was, but it always stuck with me.

2. Don’t follow GI Joe, but my son has one of the original dolls , I liked looking at Barbie

3. Justice League 3 Superman logo 1987. I did not collect then but my brother convinced me to go buy as many as I could off the rack,I got 5, then he showed me how to send them in for grading, about 2005 or so, the only comics I owned. I got a 9.2, a 9.4, (2) 9.6 and a 9.8 which I still have.
I started collecting around then.

4. Jennifer Connelly is still hot in Snowpiercer, use her, (rear to rear)

5. Grew up around Doctors, I would enjoy doing a surgery, something simple.

To your answer to #4: Jiminy Crickets man! Yeah she is ageless....
Post 21 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
1) Charlie, The Lonesome Cougar
2) I was never a GI Joe fan
3) Batman #260, my favorite Joker story and one I read fresh off the newsstand back in 1975
4) Jared Leto/Emma Watson
5) Photographic memory
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thanks for the responses! #4 is one that I oddly ponder often so I pitched it to the board. I don’t blame folks for not having a response. I think I am the only person thinking about that haha. Mine would be:
1) I was 3 years old when I saw “Return of the Jedi”. I loved it and it is still my favorite Star Wars movie.
2) Spirit! The Native America tracker is by far the coolest GI Joe character.
3) So this one is tough and my reasoning is odd. It’s my 9.8 copy of Next Men 21. The reason was because to get that book in that condition I had to trade up a couple of times starting with a scrub book. Eventually I had a batman #386 that was one of the first books I had graded (9.0). I was able to trade it for a raw VF copy of Next Men 21 straight up. I was told I was lucky to get that deal. I was happy about that and thought the book had potential. During that time I learned how to press books and pressed that book myself. When I sent it in I thought 9.6 would be the tops but when it came back 9.8 it really felt like I earned that! I love Hellboy and I had to work to get that book and when I got the grade it felt like I got crazy value from where I started out.
4)I love Labyrinth and think it is a concept that could be redone but the dynamic of the leads would require an amazing actor/actress and a very well established musician with amazing vocal range. My thoughts would be Adele ( Sky Fall was really good for Bond) as the Goblin Queen, with Thom York as a helpless prisoner trapped in the labyrinth and I like @Danomang idea of Miley Bobby Browne as the heroine.
5) I wish I could play the violin. I am forty years old now and I just don’t see myself learning to play anytime soon. That’s probably a good thing too, because If I could play the violin well I don’t think I would be able to hold a job. All I would do is play all day long. I would become a traveling hobo violinist and that’s tough to do in your forties. I think It May be better off if I just listen to others play hahaha!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
1) Clash of the Titans
2) Zartan
3) Hulk Annual #14 & first sad comic I ever read.
4) Can't replace Bowie or Jennifer.
5) Ability to know what stocks to buy & sell.

I don’t know why I even think such a thought as to who could replace Bowie and Jennifer!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
1. Phantasm
2. Snake-eyes
3. Spawn 1
4. not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
1) Pink Panther Strikes Again
2) Duke or Hawk (it's been so long I had to google them - LOL)
3) WARP #5 (1983) It was my intro to indie comics
4) Benedict Cumberbatch and Nicole Kidman
5) I'd love to be able to play an instrument. Either electric bass guitar or harmonica (before anyone laughs - both Johnny Cash and Ozzy played the harmonica. I suppose Ozzy still does.).

Nicole Kidman is still my #1. So that is a great pick!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
1. Commando - "I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I am very hungry!"
2. Dusty
3. Spawn 1 - still in awful condition and faded from leaving it in the sun when I was a kid.
4. In a long list of movies that should never be remade.
5. Even the slightist artistic ability.

Good call for #4... maybe I should stop pondering this.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Bronte love Phantasm.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

1) In theatre? Star Trek (original movie with V'ger) Second I remember was Airplane.
2) No Joes
3) X-men 137, 138 or 141, not sure which.
4) No opinion
5) Work ethic, I have a pretty keen eye for nuance, detail and quality, but no patience to put in the work myself. I've passed that lack of patience on to my son, but fortunately not my daughter.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
1) In theater, Silent Running. TV Movie, Willy Wonka
2) NA
3) Strange Tales 178
4) Never saw it, no interest. Jennifer Connelly might be the most beautiful actress ever, and I'm a huge Bowie music fan, but still no interest in seeing that movie.
5) Ability to put up with incompetence. It makes dealing with bureaucracy incredibly difficult.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
1) Star Wars is the first movie I remember seeing at the theatre. I am sure I saw some movies on TV before that. Maybe Old Yeller?

2) The first three Joes I got were Stalker, Snake Eyes and Zap. Stalker was probably the favorite. He was my field leader. Plus he had an M-32 “pulverizer” sub-machine gun.

3) Not sure. So many memories of so many comics. It would probably be an early ‘80s issue of X-men though.

4) I don’t know enough of today’s actors and actresses to offer an opinion. I agree that this movie should probably be left alone.

5) If I could draw sequential art at a professional level I think it would really have helped me making comics. I can barely manage stick figures! Also I would like to have a better intuitive understanding of people.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600771 51 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?