Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Canada Taking Submissions?12038

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if CBCS Canada is re-open for business yet?

I believe I had an e-mail a while back saying they weren't taking any submissions, but haven't seen anything saying they're back open and can't find anything on the Canada portion of the website.

Just don't want to ship my books if they can't accept them.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 as per Steve Paulus...target re-opening date is 1st or 2nd week of June.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Paulbg2000 as per Steve Paulus...target re-opening date is 1st or 2nd week of June.

Thank you!
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 🍻
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just emailed Steve Paulus....looks like end of June re-opening but hopefully sooner.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Just emailed Steve Paulus....looks like end of June re-opening but hopefully sooner.

Aghhh...I need to use that June coupon. Fingers crossed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
See this is just awful handling of public relations. Nowhere on the site is any mention of a possible June re-opening (still says Closed until May 15th). We shouldn't all have to individually email Steve every time for an update on what is happening (or have to start new threads over and over - we don't even have a stickied Canadian Covid thread).
Post 7 IP   flag post
@SauceDog I get what you're saying but they have no idea when the Ontario government will allow them to open
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@SauceDog I get what you're saying but they have no idea when the Ontario government will allow them to open

And even then they are talking about doing it by region - not municipality. Oakville is in Halton region...I know Hamilton and Niagara won't be opening as there are still growing cases reported...mainly care homes and farms but still...those farm workers got if from somewhere!. Halton includes Milton, Burlington and Oakville - not sure about their cases..Oakville has the most millionaires per capita in Canada...they've all gone to their islands or cottages and won't be pushing to re-open anything!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Of course, every company is unsure of when things will change - but if Steve has enough info to at least start telling people who email that CBCS are aiming for an end of June opening that is something that could be mentioned on the Canadian website (at the very least UPDATE the 'may 15th' notice. That's just lazy).

I run social channels for many closed businesses in Ontario, and even they insist on keeping customers updated on it even if no change is in sight (it shows they are actively paying attention to the situation and have their customers interests in mind). It's the gesture that matters.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@SauceDog it's a guess...he could have easily said the end of August...the update is "we don't know yet, hopefully by *insert two weeks out from now*" to anyone who asks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Why on earth would he guess? If they don't know, then say so - that's worse. Customers want clarity - not empty dates pulled out of nowhere - and I know I would rather to be reassured that the confidence placed in the business is justified (that they are taking things seriously and looking at the situation).

The *insert two weeks from now* part is EXACTLY what they need on the homepage - which is my main issue - there is zero communication and updates from CBCS that the public can access without a) emailing Steve directly (which isn't advertised at all on the website either!) or b) scouring the forum's for some buried news. It's a simple update to the message text, taking at most a few seconds maybe once a week, so that rather than showing an outdated message (closed until May 15th) it at least looks like they are trying.
Post 12 IP   flag post
So you're saying you don't want guesses as to when they will open but you want them to put hypothetical re-opening dates on the website?

No one knows when they'll be allowed to re-open. Once they know for certain I'm sure they'll make an announcement.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Saying they will be closed for AT LEAST one more week isn't a guess, it's truth (due to how long it takes things to get started back up), and is the language they used prior (but failed to update). I'm not asking for an exact date, just an acknowledgement that for foreseeable future (one week) they will be closed. It's an easy update to make it look like they are doing something - that's the key. Silence is just unprofessional.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Saying they will be closed for AT LEAST one more week isn't a guess, it's truth (due to how long it takes things to get started back up), and is the language they used prior (but failed to update). I'm not asking for an exact date, just an acknowledgement that for foreseeable future (one week) they will be closed. It's an easy update to make it look like they are doing something - that's the key. Silence is just unprofessional.

100% this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
601333 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?