Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Any signings etc for CBCS?11993

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Only asking as I am being bombarded with in house signing emails from CGC and was hoping that CBCS might have some of their own on the way???

I will say I might do the Steranko one as I have 2 Mighty World of Marvel 129s (the Hulk Annual cover but with Sterankos Hulk face!!) and they are magazine size so not able to go to CBCS for now.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
magazine size? Bah, no bueno!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Genuine COA - who only facilitates for CBCS (or issues a COA) has a couple of private signings listed on their website. Liefeld and Thomas. But on their website I don't see what the dates are.

Genuine COA posted here on this foroum four weeks ago that the Roy Thomas private signing Deadline was June 8th.

But yeah. Might be worthwhile for CBCS to arrange a few of these private signings since conventions have been cancelled.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/11788/page/1/roy-thomas-private-signing-opportunity/#4
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Genuine COA -
Rob Liefeld Autograph Orders must be placed and books received by May 25, 2020 Price: $80.00

Roy Thomas Autograph Orders must be placed and books received by June 8, 2020 Price: $45.00
clickable text

Still 4-5 months away, but L.A. Comic Con, NYCC & Baltimore Con are presently a go...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I got the CGC email about Steranko. Made me think what a hollow experience it would be to spend all that money and not get the 10 minutes of personal interaction with Mr. Steranko. Or the 3 hours in line watching him talk endlessly to the people in front on you. It seems very un-Steranko to just have fans sending in their books for signatures. I imagine he's not to happy about missing out on the personal interaction. I bet he will still tell your comic book an interesting story or two while he signs it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller A few years back I did one of those dinners with Mr Steranko - worth every penny!! if you ever get the chance you have to do it..I know I'll do it again in a heart beat!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Cons have been cancelled for the entire year already?!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Cons have been cancelled for the entire year already?!

IDK if most have been cancelled for the entire year. But there is zero chance of my attending one this year. I doubt I'm alone in my thinking. We'll wait until there is a vaccination or a effective cure. You know, like penicillin is for bacterial strep.

I'm 66 years old and male. No way in #@*! I'm walking around in a room with thousands of other people, sharing the same air. It sucks for fans, promoters, venues and the creators/celebrities that count on the shows and the money they make. But my biggest concern is hopefully still being alive in 2021/2022 to attend some shows then
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
IDK if most have been cancelled for the entire year. But there is zero chance of my attending one this year. I doubt I'm alone in my thinking

Yeah, in these times we all have to find our personal balance between brave and reckless. I saw something today that really scared me. The family car ride ended up at a fish market restaurant that is very popular with the dock workers for it's reasonably priced seafood. First thing I noticed was fairly packed outdoor seating. Then I noticed the ordering line had no spacing whatsoever. People in line wore masks but they seemed to put a lot of confidence in those masks. I looked inside and saw the workers handling raw seafood with no gloves or masks on. It all just seemed so reckless, no precautions taken at all. We were so hungry and so looking forward to eating there that it took me a couple minutes to process what I was seeing. I told the family that I had no confidence that that this management would truly ensure that sick workers stayed home, so we bolted.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like something new has just been announced

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone needs a copy of this sold out beauty for the Carla Cohen signing opp I have one up for a 24 hour auction

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm a bad comic person i guess...only know 2 of the names on that list...Inhyuk Lee and that Alex Ross knock off guy
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea... these cover artists are not my cup of tea.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Have a hoard of one book I want Mattina to sign so this is a good chance for me
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Have a hoard of one book I want Mattina to sign so this is a good chance for me

Knowing you, it has got to be Female Furies #1.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Sir, I saved 20 copies and will pick the best few to send in for this
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Nobody cares for the creator of ‘punchline’?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Will be sending Detective Comics #1000 Mattina Midtown Comics Virgin, Spawn #1 FCBD Mattina cover unstamped So I have a nice window for the sig and possibly Batman #89 Mattina cover.
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS is indicating you can get multiple signatures on your book(s). (From the list of artists for the private signing) SOMETHING that the outfit in Florida isn't doing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
601233 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?