Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Black and white adds in comics error or not11754

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

First book in question

Second book

Third book plus mark jewelers insert.

Fourth book plus cover is an error no yellow ink on the “P”

Dazzler error insert.

So what do you all think any of these errors or that is how they are printed and they all are that way?

Thanks for everyone’s response.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Look around to the other side of the issue for the other half of the page. Pages are printed a full sheet at a time then folded. So if the other half of the page is also b&w then it was intentional. It was a way for the advertiser to get an ad in at the lowest price but they had to take the full sheet or the comic had other advertisers that also took b&w. So, no error, i believe it was intentional. (from my years of working on newspapers ^_~) That no ink "P" is a unique one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
Look around to the other side of the issue for the other half of the page. Pages are printed a full sheet at a time then folded. So if the other half of the page is also b&w then it was intentional. It was a way for the advertiser to get an ad in at the lowest price but they had to take the full sheet or the comic had other advertisers that also took b&w. So, no error, i believe it was intentional. (from my years of working on newspapers ^_~) That no ink "P" is a unique one.

No center adds on these most are one page and the other Or back side is color. Random inside the books. That’s why I’m confused if the pages where the same sheet all black and white is be like yes it’s how they should be. But with just one side of one page is black and white made think they might be errors also.

Anyone else have these books they can check also?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
totally normal for the time period...except that no ink 'P' on the cover....shouldn't the 'P' be yellow
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
totally normal for the time period...except that no ink 'P' on the cover....shouldn't the 'P' be yellow

Ok that’s why I was asking. Thanks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Dazzler #1 has color ads on those pages but from what I've seen, the issues with the color ads are harder to come by. I have two copies and both are black and white.
Post 6 IP   flag post
601228 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?