Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Steve Borock live Facebook Q&A event11631

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Join our Steve Borock here on our Facebook page this Wednesday for a Q&A session at 8:30 PM CST. Find out what's happening at CBCS and how we can help you with your collection. Send in your questions by commenting below or just join in the chat when we go live.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Will CBCS be expanding the Slab-Only service to include blue and yellow labels? It seems very strange that it is only available for red label books. It seems like the perfect service for old beat-up books that may not be worth anything but have great sentimental value but it seems like CBCS’ intended it for a different use since it is only for VSP books.

Additionally, what are the considerations in CBCS’ pricing of it’s non-graded services. As consumer, the first thought would be that it should be cheaper than standard grading services because CBCS is not grading the book. The ungraded ART label is on par with CBCS’ grading service for a modern book. The Slab-only option is slightly more expensive in addition to being tied with CBCS’ Verification service.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Currently, SLAB ONLY is VSP.

The VSP SLAB ONLY is cheaper as it is $20 for the VSP, and no grading as opposed to the $25 fee for regular VSP.

As far as expanding this, anything is possible....
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H It would be nice if any of that information was available on the site. As it is, I’m pretty sure the only place to find just some of that information was a facebook post from like a year ago.

The discounted VSP fee, nor any of the details and restrictions about the slab-only option, is not mentioned on CBCS’ website as far as I can find. Nor is it reflected on the submission form.

Post 4 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I see this and will pass the info on...
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
BUMP!
Hope some of you can join us! Should be fun and there might even be a new promo announcement....
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Would like to know any news from this.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
This is what happens when I go a couple of days without visiting the forum...
Post 8 IP   flag post
601250 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?