Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Can we facilitate more trading?11591

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've been thinking how silly it is that I've been selling arbitrarily discounted comics in hopes of using that money to buy arbitrarily discounted comic books...losing much of it to selling fees and sales tax. And now MCS closed and much of even that option went away. Maybe the time is right to brainstorm ideas and try to establish a more vigorous trading program on the forum?
Here's something I've been thinking might help...Break the trading into these 4 stickied threads:
A) Raw books with FMV under $40
B) Raw Books with FMV over $40
C) CGC CBCS graded books with FMV under $75
D) CGC CBCS graded books with FMV over $75

Post both your trade-able inventory and want lists in the appropriate threads, based on value and 3PG or Raw. That way books posted for trade and want lists would be organized like for like and easier to find.
Any thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I love this idea!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s start it
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I love this idea!

That kind of attitude will get you 3 check marks every time!

Maybe get a few more approvals here and we can ask Jessie to start 4 sticky threads in the morning:

Trading Post Graded books over $75
Trading Post Graded books under $75
Trading Post Raw books over $40
Trading Post Raw books under $40

These dollar amounts are kind of arbitrary so maybe higher maybe lower.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
Great if more people are willing to trade. Best thing to do in these troubled times with so many losing their jobs.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am always up to make a trade, but I never know what the other person is looking for. And if they are anything like me, I might not even know what I am looking for (besides my main Want List) because there are so many great books out there that I have either never heard about or forgotten about.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I seem to generally disagree with you ebayseller, but this idea of yours is brilliance, and we should do the thing ….great idea
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
and, according to the cake next to your name...Happy Birthday @esaravo
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ggovel private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. If this gets going, I'll embed the links on my blog www.collectorsyndicate.com.

I think it will be important to establish some guidelines ,for and reputation as a trusted trader.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have some books I'd like to trade as well if we can get this going.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u96xv71g52lzvsq/AACympLdHPv7GFS20Eu-J5Bca?dl=0
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Happy Birthday, Ed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Happy birthday, Ed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Ed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED!

Marty
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy Birthday Ed!!!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, everyone. I arrived almost two weeks early, so according to my father no one believed him when he called to tell them I was born on this date in 1960.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
happy Ed day Ed!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector 1lpfan private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday Ed!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Here's what my son digitally created for me (using 2 of my favorite characters):

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
I have the entire 5th volume of legion of super heroes and supergirl and the legion of super heroes raw. Most all of them are signed by Waid. I was think trading for Batman or batgirl key of equal value. They are all VF+ to NM. I was thinking worth around 50
Post 20 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday @esaravo!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy B-Day! Hopefully nobody plays any birthday April fools jokes on you. I have another friend who’s birthday is today. Many years (decades actually) ago when he turned 18, his mother typed up a very official looking letter stating it was from the army and he had been drafted! Pretty funny, but they had him so convinced it was for real that he later told me that he actually went into the bathroom and was contemplating suicide! Talk about a birthday prank gone horribly wrong! Fortunately he held off and found out it was all a gag.😅
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thread hijacked by a simple birthday cake emoji. Oh well, Happy Birthday Ed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Hopefully nobody plays any birthday April fools jokes on you.

They chose April 1 to announce LA County school closure for remainder of the school year. We've been trying to convince the kids that it's an April fools joke and they shouldn't be so happy.
Post 23 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I would argue a bit @EbaySeller. @Bronte and I have arranged a deal since he posted that Dropbox link or whatever. Maybe just throw a bunch of pics up or do the Dropbox? I don’t know but I can say a trade is always better than a sale or buy!
Post 24 IP   flag post
A guy like me? I’m JoJo the circus monkey, I see pictures and I go wild! As in things I didn’t think I needed until I saw it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday Ed!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Shout out to @Bronte, doin time in the forum clink. Your half of our trade showed up today, thanks again friend. Trades can be long, drawn out, and a lot of back and fourths. Not this time. My package showed up packed proper and in a timely manner, there might have even been a bonus book in there!?!?!?
Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Shout out to @Bronte, doin time in the forum clink. Your half of our trade showed up today, thanks again friend. Trades can be long, drawn out, and a lot of back and fourths. Not this time. My package showed up packed proper and in a timely manner, there might have even been a bonus book in there!?!?!?

So that's where the hulk 181 went...... j/k
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte welcome back!
Post 29 IP   flag post
By the way, the trade with @HeinzDad was very positive and I would not hesitate to trade with him again.

Also bought a book from @Steverogers11 . Another fantastic person to deal with.

On a side note, if we dont have dedicated threads about selling, how about one just for user feedback?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600888 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?