Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Weekly Cover Contest: Time Flies11558

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 51 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 52 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Voted!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 55 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Voted!

I don't know what it is, but that foreshortened bullet firing on Tec 187 is just cool as hell.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 58 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Participated.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Voted
Post 60 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats @Katkomics who wins the tiebreaker since his comic is in a CBCS slab:

New check mark votes for WEEKLY COVER CONTEST:
You vote three check marks for your FIRST favorite
Two check marks for the SECOND favorite
One check mark for the THIRD favorite.
You do not need to vote for three covers, but it is strongly encouraged!!! Let's have fun with this!!!

A new theme will be chosen each week, so participants must find a comic book that fits the theme

- One entry (one book) per person.
- Must be a real comic book in circulation.
- Magazine size books are also okay.
- The book does not have to be in your collection.
- Variants are acceptable.
- The previous winner is allowed to win in this contest.

Each week we will vote on who had the best cover.

- Friday begins the new contest.
- Wednesday at 12 noon EST is the cutoff which starts voting that will go through Thursday at 11:59 PM EST.
- Please vote through the built-in "three check marks" system.
- Don't vote early.
- The winner will be the cover with the most check marks.
- Vote three check marks for a favorite, two for the second favorite and one for the third favorite.

The winner will choose the next theme and begin a new thread.

In the event of a tie, the deciding factor will be if the entry was of a book in a CBCS slab. If both books are in a CBCS slab (or neither are) then the cover with the most three star votes wins. If they are still tied, then the one with the most 2 star votes wins. If the tie remains, then a sudden death contest will decide the winner. All tied contestants are to enter a new cover based upon the theme of that contest. At 9 pm EST, Friday, the cover with the most votes wins.

Re-post these rules in your new thread to keep them easy to find and for new folks who want to play.
Post 61 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics and @Pre_Coder tied for first place with 21 votes.

3 check mark votes:
KatKomics = 6
Pre_Coder = 5

@KatKomics is the winner of this weeks cover contest.

Congratulations!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations! @KatKomics
Post 63 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I really miss sudden death.

Congrats to KatKomics!
Post 64 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Have we addressed this scenario?

Rule:
In the event of a tie, the deciding factor will be if the entry was of a book in a CBCS slab.

Outcome;
@KatKomics and @Pre_Coder tied for first place with 21 votes.

3 check mark votes:
KatKomics = 6
Pre_Coder = 5

@Katcomics had more 3 checkmarks but what if @Pre-coder had a CBCS slab and Katcomics did not?

What wins? More 3 checkmarks? or a CBCS slab? if it's a tie and one has 3 and the other has cbcs slab?
Post 65 IP   flag post
If one book has more three votes than the other, then it doesn't matter if it's a CBCS book or not. I think it follows more as an order of operations, like a flow chart. If they had the same number of 3 vote checks and one of the books was in a CBCS holder, then the book in the CBCS holder would win.
Post 66 IP   flag post
@DrWatson OK, then the CBCS slab is only used if they have the same # of votes and the same # of 3 checks.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC @DrWatson I see @lenovations didn't post the rules. The CBCS slab is the first tie-breaking criteria.

Post 68 IP   flag post
Yes.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the complete rules. CBCS slabs are the trump card in a tie-breaker situation.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my!!! my first ever win and it's a controversy too!!! I'll try to have an idea for the next contest later tonight

I know, I know...."working from home" but I really, really have to get some stuff done!! have a call later today and people want info
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@GAC @DrWatson I see @lenovations didn't post the rules. The CBCS slab is the first tie-breaking criteria.

I guess I had it backwards. Oh well, same thing but in reverse.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Ok, so if tied, CBCS slab decides....if both have CBCS or neither have it, then most 3 votes. Got it!
Post 73 IP   flag post
597887 73 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?