Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

THE ONE AND ONLY CORONAVIRUS THREAD ALLOWED11555

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
If it is, its apparent suicide..nice work

@Darkseid_of_town They have help lines for that.... it's not worth it... things will get better! Suicide is NOT the answer!
Post 976 IP   flag post
Anyways gentlemen... my head's killing me. Bad week... Gotta go lay down and relax.

@Bronte again, I apologize if I got a little hot. It really wasn't specifically directed towards you; in actuality, it's the subject matter that gets me angry.
Post 977 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town and to prove it's not personal (with me at least). When will you be getting that miniature in from China? I have hundreds of other miniatures to paint so don't think I'm desperate or bored. Haha. But if you pay for the shipping & return shipping, I'll still paint it for your sorry @$s. 😁
Post 978 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Anyways gentlemen... my head's killing me. Bad week... Gotta go lay down and relax.

@Bronte again, I apologize if I got a little hot. It really wasn't specifically directed towards you; in actuality, it's the subject matter that gets me angry.

Thank you for taking the time to address the post.

Given the circumstances, everyone is stressed. Get some rest and take care of your family. =)
Post 979 IP   flag post
@Bronte will do. Thanks.
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Will things mellow? I Have a motor home trip in June/July from Seattle to New Orleans, my daughter starts a masters program down there so an excuse to drop her off and see places I haven’t yet.
If comic book shops are not open by then it will be a doomed trip, might be anyway👍
(Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana)
🎼Deliverance music playing in background 🎼
Post 981 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Bleeding Cool News: Steve Geppi, Talking Live With Comic Book Retailers Tonight.
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/steve-geppi-talking-live-comic-book-retailers-tonight/
Post 982 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Will things mellow? I Have a motor home trip in June/July from Seattle to New Orleans, my daughter starts a masters program down there so an excuse to drop her off and see places I haven’t yet.
If comic book shops are not open by then it will be a doomed trip, might be anyway👍
(Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana)
🎼Deliverance music playing in background 🎼

Depending how you go through New Mexico, check out capulin volcano. If you stay the night, it’s a designated dark area and the stars are beautiful.

And if you run through dfw, my lcd has some good back issues.

I’ll send you that way.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. Volcanos, Dinosaurs, ghosts and ghost towns, and comics are at the top,
Comic shops should not be ghost towns though. By then anyway (knock on bones)
Post 984 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My letter to Buddy Saunders of MCS made it to the last newsletter. Everybody here and in the Facebook CBCS Collectors Club helped motivate me to write it.

Post 985 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Nature or man made and released. I don’t give a s**t. We just need to find a cure.
Post 986 IP   flag post
And I found the cure myself.
Forsythia
Post 987 IP   flag post
2 drops in the morning and 3 after supper. And if u get a midnight snack add half a drop. If the temperature is above 80 degrees turn around three times plus 4 drops. Below 32 degrees 1 drop and wear a coat and gloves
Post 988 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
New study out of the UK estimates that 17,915 more people with cancer may die over the next year in England as a result of the coronavirus crisis. The study revealed a 76% average drop in urgent referrals of suspected cancer patients, and major drops in chemotherapy attendance, since the coronavirus crisis began. The study is entitled -

Estimating excess mortality in people with cancer and multimorbidity in the COVID-19 emergency
Post 989 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
New study out of the UK estimates that 17,915 more people with cancer may die over the next year in England as a result of the coronavirus crisis

In the US typically there are 100,000 diagnosis of skin cancer each month. Also 100,000 diagnosis of Diabetes. Some huge percentage of these will not be diagnosed during the lockdown.

The original models for CoronaVirus were overstated by 15x-20x. I'm almost 100% sure history will show that it was based on a misunderstanding of how early the virus started. If the models assume that the virus entered a community 2-3 months later than it actually did, the infection and hospitalization curve that the models recognize will be far, far, far steeper than what they are in reality.
Post 990 IP   flag post
My daily regiment of pills are as follows:

Zinc 50mg (40mg is best)
Vitamin C 1500mg
Vitamin D 2000iu
Vitamin B12 3000mcg
NAC 600mg
Post 991 IP   flag post
A while back I was at a friends house while I was chasing some comics on Ebay auction. My friend said "looks like a fun hobby that you have. I'm envious that you have an enjoyable distraction like this in your life". The words meant something to me then, but fast-forward to today and that statement is 5 times as strong. During this lockdown I have never been so grateful that I have an engaging hobby like this that can be an enjoyable diversion throughout the day. I'm so glad that my hobby isn't politics...I would never feel resolved or get to sleep. Having things to look forward to, books in the mail, books going to CBCS, books coming from the presser, books up for sale...it's like the best thing I have going in terms of anticipation and endorphins.
My son is a natural competitor, far more than me and most of his life he's either competing, watching some competition or preparing to compete or looking forward to watching competition. The other day he and I talked about how the thing he misses most in all of this is the anticipation and the endorphin lift that comes from preparing and anticipating, as well as competing. He even misses just preparing for a school test. I really wish he had a hobby like mine so I didn't have to keep pulling him off of cell-phone youtube.
Post 992 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller

I wish I could say I get happiness from comics as you do. (Dr thinks I may be have anhedonia), but I agree that it is a good distraction. With all the crap going on with virus, and 2 friends recently afflicted with possible cancer, it helps to have something completely mindless to keep me occupied. Fortunately, if you are mindful about how you spend, it also isnt a money pit.
Post 993 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I am sorry to hear about your possible diagnosis bronte, and your two friends.
I somewhat say myself in ebaysellers post ...in that with all the country is facing and is dealing with, I find comfort and lose myself in my comics, dinosaurs, autographs and such. I haven't found the magic method that it doesn't become a money pit for me however, what money the comics dont suck out of my wallet, the dinosaurs chew up quite rapidly......buying, prepping and cleaning and restoring dinosaur fossils is quite cash intensive.
Post 994 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
what money the comics dont suck out of my wallet, the dinosaurs chew up quite rapidly

I've heard that they can eat a lot.
Post 995 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town

Thank you. I hope my friends are going to be okay as well. I was able to sell off a few comics recently and to help distract one buddy, I just ordered her a package of imported Italian pizzas to fatten her up. (She isnt eating and is worried sick). Of course my ulterior motive is still to plump her up to fit the homer Simpson muumuu I bought her for xmas. =)

As for dinosaurs, you know it may be expensive, but it's a heck of a unique hobby and I can imagine your collection is quite a sight to see...
Post 996 IP   flag post
@Bronte hope you recover and stay healthy
Post 997 IP   flag post
Let’s start
Post 998 IP   flag post
Part 2
Post 999 IP   flag post
600911 999 24