Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Should I press/slab? DD #7 1st red costume11552

Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Is this key worth slabbing? Dig that Wally Wood art and that awesome MMMS ad! It has heavy spine wear, tattered edges on interior pages,and maybe water damage on the back. Still, the staples are attached, no torn pages or serious folds. Let me know, Hive Mind!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Even pressed I don't think it would be worth it. Just my opinion

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Love that book
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Put it in a top loader or mylar and call it a day. Not really seeing anything that would benefit from a press and you are looking at 3.5ish grade. How much are you into the book for?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
CGC kills stains (if you're using them) so this book is probably in the 3.5-4.0 world. Still very sellable, but depends on how much you have into it. If more than say $10-15 I'd say not worth it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Your call. There is a 2.0 for $110 on e-bay. Here are a couple to compare it with.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KMiracleman - Cool book. I bought one once, but that's another story. Pressing will likely not improve the grade of that comic, just increase the cost of slabbing it. You have to decide if it is worth it to YOU to pay around $30 to have it graded (not counting shipping costs both ways), as the slabbed book will probably be worth about $100.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
That’s definitely on my want list!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Its up to you if its worth the investment; sentimental value, conservation, or actually turn a proffit. There is always the option for a Raw grade too.

Its nicely centered. That water damage will definitely hurt the grade.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Water stains are a PLUS! It adds to the authenticity. They're fighting underwater!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt it’ll get a 4.0 with those spine issues. I’d say 3.0 range.

Personally, I wouldn’t slab it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598003 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?