Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Very cool- I am impressed...I'm looking forward to "my" (former) issue ;-)
Post 101 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spectacular cover by Neal Adams. Back in the late 1960's and all through the 1970's and 1980's, he pumped out hundreds of stunning covers for both Marvel and DC.

Post 102 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another impressive Adams cover.

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post

I wonder if Marvel added "The Strangest Teens of All!" because they were competing with DC's the Teen Titans?

Post 106 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A bunch of beauties!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
yay first Sauron !!
Post 108 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Just an awesome action cover (with JB almost drawing a GK nose on Magneto).

More outstanding books Ed ! The #43 with the John Buscema cover is my favorite of the latest issues you posted.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Did someone say more Sauron?

Post 110 IP   flag post
I bought this book slabbed - a CGC Blue Label with an unverified signature. It looks like a legit Neal Adams signature to me. And it's a great-looking cover, too.

Post 111 IP   flag post
This cover makes me think that most of them have been skipping their leg day.

Post 112 IP   flag post
Another book I obtained thanks to my CBCS friends (thanks, Alex). Note that Angel's new costume is not depicted on the logo.

Post 113 IP   flag post

Post 114 IP   flag post
Another great cover by Marie Severin (who also did covers for #65 and #67). This is the last new original X-Men story. Reprinted stories, some with new covers, start with #67.

Post 115 IP   flag post
Here come the reprints. These were so difficult to find in decent shape. Since they are reprinted stories, I didn't buy many of them when I started working on my run back in the late 1970's and 1980's. Then to complete my run and bridge the gap between the old and new X-Men, I decided to pick them up. This proved to be extremely hard, and many of them are in lower grades than I would like. What makes it difficult too is that many of these reprints are selling for higher prices than their original versions.

At least this issue has a new cover.

Post 116 IP   flag post
This beautiful copy (and issue #71) came from the late great @conditionfreak. Walter, you are sadly missed my friend.

Post 117 IP   flag post
Great new cover by Sal Buscema.

Post 118 IP   flag post

Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
Bobbie's blue boots are back in 68. Lol, now y'all got me to looking for them.

I always liked the cover on 64 and 66 is definitely cool. The covers on the reprints are well done. That's a great run so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Never owned the reprints, the rest I can say I owned at one time or another...still think 50 is the best cover of all x men time
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgroc09
Bobbie's blue boots are back in 68. Lol, now y'all got me to looking for them.

I always liked the cover on 64 and 66 is definitely cool. The covers on the reprints are well done. That's a great run so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Issue #68 is just a re-colored version of the cover from #15. And on the original cover, Bobby is wearing yellow boots!
Post 122 IP   flag post
I really dislike the cover for #70. The original monochromatic red cover on #17 is much more dramatic.
Post 123 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad they gave the reprints a different cover.
Post 124 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh the woes of being a OCD completest! Im surprised you held out for as long as you did to tell you the truth

Also a quick comment on Marie Severin, Who more the held her own in a field dominated by men.

She was responsible for many classic silver age covers and is very under appreciated and yet her work does not take a back seat to any of her legendary peers of the time. At least in my opinion

More outstanding looking books Ed!
Post 125 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I ever owned a 66.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
It was difficult for me to see all the detail on 17 with all the red but after seeing 70 I see the detail in 17 when I look at it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
They reused the cover from #20 for this issue with new colors.

Post 128 IP   flag post
Hard to believe this is the same cover as #21.

Post 129 IP   flag post
New picture frame cover for a reprint of issue #25. Never liked this one as much as the original. Still hoping to find a nicer copy of this issue.

Post 130 IP   flag post
600517 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?