Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
After taking an issue off, JB's back with another awesome cover.

Post 76 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 IP   flag post

Post 78 IP   flag post
Love this cover. John Romita did the pencils for this beauty.

Post 79 IP   flag post
Guess who starts a three-issue (cover) run with this issue? That's right - and he did the interior art on issue #50 as well as the cover. If you are ever fortunate enough to meet him, ask him about the new logo he designed for the next issue.

Post 80 IP   flag post

Rock on, Polaris, rock on.

Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
46 and 48 are difficult to find without color breaks. Purple shows everything, lol..Nice books. Who did tge cover on 50 ?
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
There it is...now I can go to bed happy...
one of my all time favorite covers....not a bad copy either! Mine is signed by Mr Steranko….well one of five copies I keep of this one
Post 83 IP   flag post
50 and 101 are classic
Post 84 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Cgroc09 Jim Steranko
Post 85 IP   flag post
Steranko did the cover for 50....as well as designed the new logo that marvel never paid him for supposedly !
Post 86 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - I knew that one was your favorite, Mike!
Post 87 IP   flag post
@Cgroc09 - Jim Steranko did the covers for issues 49-51. When (not if) the world gets back to normal, if you find out he will be at a convention near you, you must go meet him. He is as colorful and full of life as his artwork! You will not be sorry, and he loves to tell stories to people who ask him about his work (or even other people's work).
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Those are some fabulous books Ed. Great covers.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Gotcha. I thought he did the cover on 50, I misunderstood the earlier post that he only did interior art.

It would be neat to meet him. My youngest daughter draws enjoys talking to the artists.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Steranko did the cover for 50....as well as designed the new logo that marvel never paid him for supposedly !

He told me that same story when I had him sign my #51!
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgroc09
Gotcha. I thought he did the cover on 50, I misunderstood the earlier post that he only did interior art.

It would be neat to meet him. My youngest daughter draws enjoys talking to the artists.
Yeah the wording of the post confused me for a minute too, about only doing the interior of 50...
Post 92 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - What I was trying to say was that although Steranko did the covers for issues #49-51, he did not draw the interior artwork in either issue #49 or #51. Issue #50 is the only one of the three were he drew both the cover and the interior.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Surprised noone has made a thread of the Marvel monochromatic covers so popular in the silver age....x men 50, avengers 57, Captain Marvel 2,x men 41,iron man 13
Post 94 IP   flag post
Even Steranko's autograph is art.

Post 95 IP   flag post
Great cover by Marie Severin (and inked by the always pleasant Joe Sinnott), I had some help from @drchaos for this one.

Post 96 IP   flag post
This book has the first US comic art by Barry Windsor-Smith. He drew both the great cover and the interior, but to me it looks more like Kirby's artwork than Smith's.

Post 97 IP   flag post

Post 98 IP   flag post

Post 99 IP   flag post

Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Very cool- I am impressed...I'm looking forward to "my" (former) issue ;-)
Post 101 IP   flag post
Spectacular cover by Neal Adams. Back in the late 1960's and all through the 1970's and 1980's, he pumped out hundreds of stunning covers for both Marvel and DC.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Another impressive Adams cover.

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
600845 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?