Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This one is a manufacturing error - it has four staples. Only two are visible from the outside. It's very crowded at the centerfold!

Post 51 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Nice purple background.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Somehow it took me years to obtain a copy of this issue, and then in a span of about four months, I ended up with 3 copies! This is the one I sent in for grading.

Pretty cool. I never knew Prof. X had a tank.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I would always joke that this was the 1st appearance of Iceman and the previous versions were Snowman. Glad Iceman's appearance has evolved over the years. My favorite still is the AoA version.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
Issue 28 in a 9.6, absolutely stunning. Vaery nice
Post 55 IP   flag post

@Hcanes - Every time I see this cover I think of MC Hammer's "You can't touch this! (oh oh oh oh...).
But it would be nice if the label stated new-look Iceman (his picture in the logo is changed too). I think it's funny that his boots didn't freeze at first - you can see them unfrozen on his feet in isssues 1-4. I guess he had to get used to having cold feet?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Cobalt Man sure looks a lot like Iron Man to me. (PS - Bobby's pirate boots are back.)

Post 57 IP   flag post

Post 58 IP   flag post
Yikes, now the Ice Man has yellow boots. Yuck, yellow snow!

Post 59 IP   flag post
Unlike my #29 that has double staples, this one was manufactured with only one staple.

Post 60 IP   flag post
Classic Spider-man cover.

Post 61 IP   flag post

Post 62 IP   flag post
Now that's a fancy helmet!

Post 63 IP   flag post

Post 64 IP   flag post
Very tough black cover. New costumes, too. Marvel Girl's looks like a long-sleeved v-neck t-shirt mini-dress. Very practical.

Post 65 IP   flag post
This one came all the way from Hong Kong (right, Keld?).

Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This one came all the way from Hong Kong (right, Keld?).

Yep - I recognize that one!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Nice. I look forward to seeing more.

Ed BTW, sent you a PM on a few things I found .
Post 68 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 - John, you were my inspiration to post these when you posted your Captain America run a while back. And no, CBCS does not have a different color label for Conserved, Restored, or Trimmed - it is listed right above the grade on the blue label, so it’s pretty hard to miss.

Well Ed I never was able to get through all 450 plus Issues in my Cap Run. How long is your X-Men run?

I really enjoy seeing people who still take faith in building nice runs as you have done here. It just seems like the "key Only" collectors miss out on so many great issue's.

The sense of accomplishment in finally finding those last issues is a VERY gratifying feeling, especially for a OCD completest.

Building it with many beautiful high grade books as you have done is a whole nother level!

ALL beautiful books!

My favorite book you posted so far was X-Men #35, maybe not the highest numerical grade, but that Spiderman cover just jumps out at you with its deep bold color! I almost bought a copy of that book awhile back just because its such a cool cover.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the books
Post 69 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hide your eyes, John, this miss-wrap could blind you.

LOL! at least its straight! The #32 9.2 NM- kind of hurt my eye more because it is such a nice book.

Can't win em all, but by golly it ain't from a lack of effort!

Take care

John
Post 70 IP   flag post
I really like these almost all red covers (#17 is one of my favorites of the first 20 covers).

PS - Happy first day of Spring everyone!
Post 71 IP   flag post
Another tough black cover with the dramatic "death" of Professor X! (And the start of a 2-issue run of covers by the underappreciated, but always great John Buscema.)

Post 72 IP   flag post
Just an awesome action cover (with JB almost drawing a GK nose on Magneto).

Post 73 IP   flag post

Post 74 IP   flag post
Both are outstanding covers. I like 43 more because of the color and action, whole lot going on there
Post 75 IP   flag post
After taking an issue off, JB's back with another awesome cover.

Post 76 IP   flag post

Post 77 IP   flag post

Post 78 IP   flag post
Love this cover. John Romita did the pencils for this beauty.

Post 79 IP   flag post
Guess who starts a three-issue (cover) run with this issue? That's right - and he did the interior art on issue #50 as well as the cover. If you are ever fortunate enough to meet him, ask him about the new logo he designed for the next issue.

Post 80 IP   flag post
597875 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?