Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
That's all for tonight. I will post more tomorrow. Thanks for taking a look.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Impressive.😳
Post 30 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I collection. Congrats!
Post 31 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, @esaravo. Really nice collection.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Of these 20 my top 3 favorite covers have long been #4, #17 and #16 in that order. I've always thought #4 was head and shoulders above. Anybody else have a top 3?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Mine wouldnt all be in this group...but 2, 50, and a tie between 157 and 166
Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Indeed some impressive looking books Ed, Especially the higher grade 8.0 - 8.5

I did not realize CBCS doesn't use a different color label for the "trimmed" books. Is it that way for any book with noted restoration?

It is kind of a shame with the "Trimmed" on that #16. Fear not Ed! It probably won't be long before trimming becomes a widely acceptable restoration practice such as pressing has. That is as long as it's done "Professionally"

Key books are cool and all, but it takes desire, dedication and determination to put together a run like this.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

That's a beautiful book! I'm looking to replace mine since I bought one and then discovered two ads were cut out.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Quote:

Both awesome grades and great looking books!

Quote:
First of two books that I bought around 40 years ago that I submitted and came back trimmed. It definitely bummed me out. It also makes me wonder if I have any other raws that might be trimmed too.

I never knew trimming was a thing that long ago. I'll admit to not understanding much about the whole trimming process though.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 - John, you were my inspiration to post these when you posted your Captain America run a while back. And no, CBCS does not have a different color label for Conserved, Restored, or Trimmed - it is listed right above the grade on the blue label, so it’s pretty hard to miss.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Wow!

I can’t wait to see more.

That’s a really cool accomplishment!

Congratulations!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, everyone. I will post some more after I finish another coffee or two.

PS - Happy St. Joseph's Day! Are all you Italian-Americans wearing red today? In RI, it's an Italian tradition to eat Zeppoles today (and all week/month!) - they are like a fried, creme-filed Italian doughnut.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome. Nice books my friend.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Lots of action on this colorful, white background cover.

Post 43 IP   flag post

Post 44 IP   flag post
Another awesome action-packed cover (it even says so).

Post 45 IP   flag post

Post 46 IP   flag post
Hide your eyes, John, this miss-wrap could blind you.

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post
The small water stain on the top right corner will cost this copy a point or two.

Post 49 IP   flag post
This is one of the gems of my entire collection.

Post 50 IP   flag post
This one is a manufacturing error - it has four staples. Only two are visible from the outside. It's very crowded at the centerfold!

Post 51 IP   flag post
Nice purple background.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Somehow it took me years to obtain a copy of this issue, and then in a span of about four months, I ended up with 3 copies! This is the one I sent in for grading.

Pretty cool. I never knew Prof. X had a tank.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I would always joke that this was the 1st appearance of Iceman and the previous versions were Snowman. Glad Iceman's appearance has evolved over the years. My favorite still is the AoA version.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Cgroc09 private msg quote post Address this user
Issue 28 in a 9.6, absolutely stunning. Vaery nice
Post 55 IP   flag post
601338 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?